Anyone seeing The Who this year?

Powerage5

I saw 'em last night in Hamilton and all I can say is WOW! I saw them 2 years ago in Toronto and that was a good show, but last night was infinitely better. Daltrey had tons of energy, and looked more like himself than he has in 10+ years. Pete was in good form too, and the rest of the band was really tight. They also switched up the setlist a bit, and threw in some gems not played for a while:

I Can't Explain

The Seeker

The Kids Are Alright

Fragments

Who Are You?

Behind Blue Eyes

Real Good Looking Boy

Baba O'Riley

Getting In Tune

Sister Disco

Eminence Front

5:15

Love Reign O'er Me

My Generation

Won't Get Fooled Again

-----

Naked Eye

Tommy Medley: Pinball Wizard/Overture/Amazing Journey/Sparks/Underture/We're Not Going To Take It/See Me, Feel Me

Tea And Theatre

All in all it was one of the best shows I've seen this year. My only complaint is My Generation was a bit shorter than usual, only 5 or 6 minutes, but it's a small price to pay for some of the songs they did.

Edited by Powerage5

do they not do teenage wasteland live?

Teenage Wasteland is Baba O'Riley.

ooooooshit what a dickhead, i idnt see it there haha...wouldnt mind seeing the who..was zak starkey drumming?

Yea. He really fits The Who well, probably the best possible drummer for them after Kieth Moon.

do they not do teenage wasteland live?

Teenage Wasteland is Baba O'Riley.

ooooooshit what a dickhead, i idnt see it there haha...wouldnt mind seeing the who..was zak starkey drumming?

Yea. He really fits The Who well, probably the best possible drummer for them after Kieth Moon.

yeh definately, hes amazing...wish he stayed with oasis too

The Who without Moonie aint The Who...i know thats a fairly atypical statement but townshend has said as much before. No harm in them doing what they want musically but...i cant bring myself to listen to a moonless Who...every band is an amalgm or certain personalitys and thats never good to fuck around with but the who more than any i can think of is one of few band where each personality has so HUGE a musical imprint on the overall sound that its near enough impossible to find an adequate stand in, let alone a comporable replacement

The Who without Moonie aint The Who...i know thats a fairly atypical statement but townshend has said as much before. No harm in them doing what they want musically but...i cant bring myself to listen to a moonless Who...every band is an amalgm or certain personalitys and thats never good to fuck around with but the who more than any i can think of is one of few band where each personality has so HUGE a musical imprint on the overall sound that its near enough impossible to find an adequate stand in, let alone a comporable replacement

I agree, there's no one that can replace Moon completely, but if they must tour still, I can't think of anyone more adequate to sit in than Zak. And sure, it's not really The Who, but if it came down to Roger and Pete still touring or not, I'd take whatever you want to call The Who in it's current state. I mean, it's not like the shows are so horrid that they're ruining the legacy of The Who by still touring, the shows are really fucking good, it's just a technicality IMO.