buckethead show = crap

Punos

just got back from Buckethead show @ House of Blues on 42nd street @ NYC. Buckethead was late, showed up without his band. He compensated with some pre-recorded drums and sounds instead of having a real band. He was alone on stage the entire time. He played three songs before his equipment failed. His incompetent roadies tries to fix his shit. They couldn't, so he just stalled for time by dancing and giving out treats for about fifteen minutes. The roadies got his stuff together for a few more minutes...he played another two songs, then his equipment gave out again. Then he just walked off stage. He probably played for a total of 30-45 minutes TOPS. No real "solo", no Big Sur Moon, nothing really new. I've seen Buckethead four times, and this was the worst show I've seen. People were pissed. People were chanting SUCK-IT-HEAD and lingering in case he would return. He didn't. Probably the worst show I ever saw. Really makeshift shit. I brought my girlfriend to the show to show her what a great artist BH really was, but she was disappointed. I was embarrassed for hyping it up for many months, only to have a total letdown.I tried to explain that "his other shows were better than this..." but she would have none of it. We ended up at Havana, a Cuban bar/restaurant and the band there was 10X better than Buckethead. It was a Cuban band with horns, singers, and all kinds of dance moves. We ended up having a great night, but Buckethead really didn't put shit into this performance. I give it a D-. I'm a BH fan, but shit show was absolute shit. I want my money back.

just got back from Buckethead show @ House of Blues on 42nd street @ NYC. Buckethead was late, showed up without his band. He compensated with some pre-recorded drums and sounds instead of having a real band. He was alone on stage the entire time. He played three songs before his equipment failed. His incompetent roadies tries to fix his shit. They couldn't, so he just stalled for time by dancing and giving out treats for about fifteen minutes. The roadies got his stuff together for a few more minutes...he played another two songs, then his equipment gave out again. Then he just walked off stage. He probably played for a total of 30-45 minutes TOPS. No real "solo", no Big Sur Moon, nothing really new. I've seen Buckethead four times, and this was the worst show I've seen. People were pissed. People were chanting SUCK-IT-HEAD and lingering in case he would return. He didn't. Probably the worst show I ever saw. Really makeshift shit. I brought my girlfriend to the show to show her what a great artist BH really was, but she was disappointed. I was embarrassed for hyping it up for many months, only to have a total letdown.I tried to explain that "his other shows were better than this..." but she would have none of it. We ended up at Havana, a Cuban bar/restaurant and the band there was 10X better than Buckethead. It was a Cuban band with horns, singers, and all kinds of dance moves. We ended up having a great night, but Buckethead really didn't put shit into this performance. I give it a D-. I'm a BH fan, but shit show was absolute shit. I want my money back.

Seriously?

Weird. Never heard of him doing anything like that before. But at least he hung around while the equipment was malfunctioning - he didn't just immediately walk off.

seems like he tried but I guess the show had too many difficulties for him to play on

Still I wish I had a chance to see Buckethead in Australia

Well, having equipment lets him not bring the band along...that's two other guys to split the paycheck with. With 1000+ people in attendance at $30 a pop plus merchandise...Buckethead left with $10,000-$20,000 I estimate after this one show, after paying BB King, his incompetent roadies, and whoever else he would owe to to play at House of Blues. I really like Buckethead, but this was a show where he obviously cut corners and left the fans unhappy. People were chanting SUCK-IT-HEAD when he drew the lights and left. Oh well...everybody has a bad show. Hope the next one is like the first three I've seen (amazing!)

Suck-it-head :rofl-lol: I've never seen him, something always comes up when I'm supposed to see him, but I've got a SBD recording from the show I was supposed to be at this year, also the one man show. It's awesome still, despite him not having a band. I'm sure it was just a one-off occurrence, but it really sucks.

I saw him with Pinchface and a few dudes in previous shows. He just fucked around on his gizmos last night and played sporadically when his equipment and acoustics were right. His roadies were pissed and you could tell, even behind the mask, that BH was pretty pissed too.

I don't think he has a band, he just comes out and plugs his iPod in and jams along to it normally.

At least I read that's what he's been doing recently anyway...

To Buckethead's credit, I don't think that he's traveling with a band at all. I saw him during this current tour and his music was coming from his IPOD. He had 2 roadies that were wearing masks and were in character the entire night. Did he come to NYC with That 1 Guy??

There was a big fat white guy with him and some guy who read some poem. I think they were just roadie slaves.

$30 for Buckethead? I've seen real performers for less... Alice Cooper for example. I've had a few opportunities to see Buckethead live, but I've decided against it each time... and this was when I was offered as many free tickets as I'd like.

Dude I'd give my left nut to see Bucket live.

If that's what you think about Bucket then you are not going to like the new GNR album. Just warning you man.

$30 for Buckethead? I've seen real performers for less... Alice Cooper for example. I've had a few opportunities to see Buckethead live, but I've decided against it each time... and this was when I was offered as many free tickets as I'd like.

If that's what you think about Bucket then you are not going to like the new GNR album. Just warning you man.

I like a few of his songs that I've heard, but I'm not racing out to see him. That's for sure. And especially not at that price. Within 10 miles and within $5, maybe.

I like a few of his songs that I've heard, but I'm not racing out to see him. That's for sure. And especially not at that price. Within 10 miles and within $5, maybe.

You should just go for the atmosphere and see the creatures and freaks that show up to his show.