An "Introduce yourself" subforum?

Budweiser

We've already seen a steady increase in new members, and I'm sure we can only expect more after CD is released, so has any one considered creating an "Introduce Yourself" subforum or thread or something like that?

I guess it could be stupid, but it could also be helpful to keep track of new members? Just an idea...

because someone asked for this a while back and madison and admin both said there was an "official" welcome thread before but people kept using it to boost their post count so it was deleted. so you can imagine a forum on that. besides, i doubt it would make for interesting reading if we had a forum full of "hi". i sound like i'm pissing on your idea, and i'm sorry, but if you really think about it then it's not too practical

because someone asked for this a while back and madison and admin both said there was an "official" welcome thread before but people kept using it to boost their post count so it was deleted. so you can imagine a forum on that. besides, i doubt it would make for interesting reading if we had a forum full of "hi". i sound like i'm pissing on your idea, and i'm sorry, but if you really think about it then it's not too practical

:lol: I take no offense! I just thought about it and decided to post it. I can see the impracticality of it.

Sort of kind of on topic... I occasionally post on a David Lee Roth forum... actually it has been down forever now, but after it was announced that he was back in VH and touring with them, tons of people started coming in. It was too many to handle so they shut down the forum to new members. Only members that joined before such-and-such date could log in and post and view the forum. I wonder if such measures might have to happen here.

Sort of kind of on topic... I occasionally post on a David Lee Roth forum... actually it has been down forever now, but after it was announced that he was back in VH and touring with them, tons of people started coming in. It was too many to handle so they shut down the forum to new members. Only members that joined before such-and-such date could log in and post and view the forum. I wonder if such measures might have to happen here.

Not a bad ideal at all.

It would just be another forum for post whores saying "welcome" to every new member.

Things seems fine as is if you ask me.

Agreed. Besides, there are a bunch of well-known peolpe on this forum that didn't need an introduction thread.

Agreed. Besides, there are a bunch of well-known peolpe on this forum that didn't need an introduction thread.

It wouldn't be for the well-known members! :lol:

Yeah, but think of the well-known members of this forum... did they introduce themselves? No. They joined and started posting, the rest is history.