My band's first demo!

http://www.myspace.com/somedayutopia

Me and my band spent today and yesterday at a local studio recording our very first demo. We eventually finished two and a half songs, but have put of two on them on our Myspace.

The singing is a bit off in the first one, did not have time to make it better, but besides that I reckon it's decent enough. I especially liked how the second one, Release The Hounds, turned out.

Considering it's our first demo and first time recording any original material, I'm pretty satisfied.

Music and lyrics for both songs are written by myself. I play all guitar parts, and sing backing vocals.

Any thoughts or constructive criticism welcome!

Have a nice day.

-DW

Quite liked them man, pretty good songs. Just a few general comments:

- Chick singer is good, but I couldn't help thinking that a guy singer would've fitted more. Someone with a raspy voice ala Axl (not the most realistic comment, but still :lol:) would've been perfect

- Didn't really pay toooo much attention to the lyrics, but they didn't ruin the songs that's for sure

- Your guitar in the solos could've used a bit more "grit", I know these are just demos though.

- Good songs in general though, I actually have one part of one of them still in my head.

• 1 month later...

I like it.

The female singer doesn't sound convincing enough to me though. She could've sounded more confident on "The Hounds".

That makes me wanna hear more of the male singer.

I reckon these are demos, and they sound pretty good for demos.

The only thing I'm wondering is if you guys should lower the tempo a bit. let the songs breathe :)

Anyways, good stuff.

I like it.

The female singer doesn't sound convincing enough to me though. She could've sounded more confident on "The Hounds".

That makes me wanna hear more of the male singer.

I reckon these are demos, and they sound pretty good for demos.

The only thing I'm wondering is if you guys should lower the tempo a bit. let the songs breathe :)

Anyways, good stuff.

Ah cool cool, thanks very much for the feedback, it's really appreciated. The male singer is myself and I sing some of our newer songs.

• 2 weeks later...