The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses / Complete Stone Roses

ComaBreak

If you want a different direction from Metal / Rock N' Roll then i recommend the madchester movement.

I've listed 4 songs that define the madchester stone roses era and if you like/dislike it, post why. =D

try listening to atleast 2.

Made Of Stone - Listen to the chorus, absolutely dance-tastic.

She Bangs The Drums (Good Version) - Chorus again.

Elephant Stone Rhythm of the song is again, dance=tastic.

Waterfall

They only have 2 studio albums with one compilation album so i recommend the discography.

She's a chick from over here, I didn't expect you to have heard of her. I just shamelessly promote her every chance I get.

These songs are cool by the way, I'll get off my ass one day soon and get an album.

cool ill have a listen since you seem trusthworthy and know your music.

I used to be completely obsesses with the stone roses, so much so that i ended up 'ruining' the band for myself. I cant listen to them anymore for some reason, although i had the first album on the other day. They were such a great band, even their b sides were amazing, Mersey paradise - what a tune. Its a shame Ian Browns the worst singer in the history of music, amazing drummer, amazing bass player and amazing guitarist.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

A good example of a great band with a shitty fanbase. Second Coming is amazing, though.

what are you talking about?

:question:

Well, a lot of the fans I've met/seen tend to go on about how "different" they are for listening to the Stone Roses and how they don't listen to mainstream music. When really, TSR are mainstream.

Don't worry, no one in this thread is like that, though. I'm just talking about past experiences.

A good example of a great band with a shitty fanbase. Second Coming is amazing, though.

what are you talking about?

:question:

Well, a lot of the fans I've met/seen tend to go on about how "different" they are for listening to the Stone Roses and how they don't listen to mainstream music. When really, TSR are mainstream.

Don't worry, no one in this thread is like that, though. I'm just talking about past experiences.

i don't know anyone like that! :D

They are mainstream indie, well they were in the 80s.

Now they're not, the average chart topper buyers have not even heard of Rock N' Roll.

^ Hilarious.

*Unrelated to topic of thread*

Funkymonk - I know of Kate Miller-Heidke (sic?) and I think she has an incredible voice and range with it and she's quite pretty to boot, I hope she gains international success. Speaking of Aussie songstresses, have you heard of Sia Furler? She's mostly known simply as "Sia".

*Unrelated to topic of thread*

Funkymonk - I know of Kate Miller-Heidke (sic?) and I think she has an incredible voice and range with it and she's quite pretty to boot, I hope she gains international success. Speaking of Aussie songstresses, have you heard of Sia Furler? She's mostly known simply as "Sia".

Yeah man her voice is amazing. I love when she throws her opera stuff in her songs, it really makes it different from everyone else. Haven't heard of Sia, but I'll definitely check her out.

Still unrelated, I think I'm gonna go to the Kate gig on the 20th, I haven't decided :lol:.