Why do people hate technically advanced guitarists?

KingsPowerSteel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny I think. Everyone I know who likes Vai, Malmsteen Buckethead ect hate Angus Young. Why the hell would you hate Angus Young? He's awesome. Seriously, me may not be the best guitarist but he sure knows how to make good music. You can say it gets samey, but when there's songs like Ride On, Thunderstruck, For Those About To Rock, Night Prowler or Jailbreak I don't care. He's great.

Same deal though, people who like Angus Young tend to see shredders as emotionless.

It's funny I think. Everyone I know who likes Vai, Malmsteen Buckethead ect hate Angus Young. Why the hell would you hate Angus Young? He's awesome. Seriously, me may not be the best guitarist but he sure knows how to make good music. You can say it gets samey, but when there's songs like Ride On, Thunderstruck, For Those About To Rock, Night Prowler or Jailbreak I don't care. He's great.

Same deal though, people who like Angus Young tend to see shredders as emotionless.

Vai and Slash are my favourite guitarists. I like AC/DC too, i think people should be open to both kinds of guitarists, instead of being one sided. Just because somebody is a shredder it doesn't mean you shouldn't give them a chance or the other way around with a not so technical guitarist. You never know you may find music that you didn't think you would enjoy.

That's why you keep quoting me and addressing my posts?

170+ IQ indeed. Dumbass.

No, I just block out your insults. Get a life, clippy.

Anyway, in answer to the question, I think that people in the main relate to the more soulful and "passionate" guitarists rather than the more technical virtuosos as their type of music resonates with the soul more easily and is easier to connect with and understand.

Edited by PappyTron

Oooohhh ooohhh, you know names of Israeli tanks! You must be smart enough to use Wikipedia!!!

LMAO, you a joker. I called you a dumbass AFTER you claimed you're ignoring my posts while replying to my post!!! Haha.... You're a dickhead.

I rule.

You seem to be confusing blocking out and ignoring. Go and use Wikipedia, which you seem to be fond of, to see the difference. Oh, I know the names of lots of things and certainly don't need to look them up. The only thing that you rule is your own little mind.