We will see if Zeppelin will lose

Guns N Roses

Which do you prefer  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted GNR, which atm breaks the tie. I really dont see the attraction in Zep, not to be offensive like but whats so good about them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I kind of felt the same before I got a live album of them playing. Basically the attraction is that Zep is made up of 4 absolute star musicans, who are masters of their instruments. The thing I like about them the most is that they're a mature band, complete rang of music ranging from heavy to sing-alongs and country music.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just voted for gnr and that's put it 28 to guns, 27 to zeppelin.

LZ are one of my favourite bands and I love the first four albums but I just think that the later albums and songs like kashmir, houses of the holy etc just don't compare to the earlier stuff, it doesn't seem like zeppelin.

Gnr is better than Zep to me. I love Slash's riffs, and even though Page is legendary, i prefer Slash's style. Plant was more consistent in live shows compared to Axl, but of course i'm biased and just like Axl's voice more. I like Gnr's style of lyrics more than Zeppelin's too. Zeppelin lyrics have awesome visual qualities though, but to me, nothing is as real as Coma, Estranged and some other masterpeices. GNR!

ZEPPELIN BY A THOUSAND MILES

i'm starting to abhor gnr :anger:

a dangerous thing to say on a gnr forum...but i don't give a shit...

without zeppelin's riffs, there would be no "miraculous slash blues riffs"

page wrote the book on that 30 years before

also...better lyrics, better talent, better singer better drums...and the list goes on...

also! more diversity...gnr doesn't hold a candle

Gnr is better than Zep to me. I love Slash's riffs, and even though Page is legendary, i prefer Slash's style. Plant was more consistent in live shows compared to Axl, but of course i'm biased and just like Axl's voice more. I like Gnr's style of lyrics more than Zeppelin's too. Zeppelin lyrics have awesome visual qualities though, but to me, nothing is as real as Coma, Estranged and some other masterpeices. GNR!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A handful of truly decent works vs. at least 3/4 of every Zeppelin album.

Gn'R doesn't come close to stacking up.

GNR big time

gotta question thow. in what way is led better then G&R? this is an honest question, not meant to put down leds fans. id actually like to know.

imo G&R plays ever insturment better and has a way better lead singer, and better lyrics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well first of all, Lep Zeppelin has made a lot more money than GN'R as far as record sales go. They've made a much bigger impact and have had more influence on other artists as well. Plus, I would say that Robert Plant is a better and more creative singer than Axl Rose, and that Jimmy Page was a better guitar player in his day than Slash was.

It's cool if you like GN'R more than Led Zeppelin, but this should be about who is better. There are hardly any posts justifying why anyone voted for GN'R other than lame crap like "Well, I think Led Zep is not as good becuz they dont got Axl". I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that over half of the people who voted for Guns N' Roses haven't heard more than three Led Zeppelin songs.

also...better lyrics, better talent, better singer better drums...and the list goes on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean mate. This is poll is ridiculous. Without Zep, GnR wouldnt have develoiped into what they became.

And thats where it starts to get mental.

Lets do a comparison:

Band with best musical skill: Zeppelin by a absolute fucking mile

Band with larger fan base: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with most distinguished, better material: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with best live performance: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with most originality and trend setting: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band which will be remebered better in history: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

This poll doesn't make any sense that GnR are winning. Even if you PREFER the music by GnR to zeppelin, you must surely see that Zeppelin are a better band overall, and deserve to win :o .

Its not an important poll, but tis silly nonetheless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean mate. This is poll is ridiculous. Without Zep, GnR wouldnt have develoiped into what they became.

And thats where it starts to get mental.

Lets do a comparison:

Band with best musical skill: Zeppelin by a absolute fucking mile

Band with larger fan base: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with most distinguished, better material: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with best live performance: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band with most originality and trend setting: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

Band which will be remebered better in history: Zeppelin by a fucking mile

This poll doesn't make any sense that GnR are winning. Even if you PREFER the music by GnR to zeppelin, you must surely see that Zeppelin are a better band overall, and deserve to win :o .

Its not an important poll, but tis silly nonetheless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

at least someone agrees :shades:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, I agree, too! Give me credit too! I didn't get enough hugs as a child! I want some credit too! It's about ME damnit, MEEEEEEE!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quiet you! Let me bask in praise!

*tries to force DirtyDeeds back into the basket*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sob* *sob* :( *sniff*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, I agree, too! Give me credit too! I didn't get enough hugs as a child! I want some credit too! It's about ME damnit, MEEEEEEE!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quiet you! Let me bask in praise!

*tries to force DirtyDeeds back into the basket*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sob* *sob* :( *sniff*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

okay dirty deeds and and android...no need to fight over my "almighty praise"

we all know led zep is better than gnr and that's all the personal satisfaction that we need in our hearts :D

::takes dirty deeds out of the basket and pats him on the back and hugs him :) ::

::hugs android for the hell of it :krider: ::