McCartney: Mythical Beatles Track Does Exist

Gash

Sir Paul explained: "I said all I want you to do is just wander around all the stuff, bang it, shout, play it, it doesn't need to make any sense. Hit a drum then wander on to the piano, hit a few notes, just wander around.

"So that's what we did and then put a bit of an echo on it. It's very free."

So basically they pissed around on some instruments for a while and yet people will still say it's Godlike musicianship.

So basically they pissed around on some instruments for a while and yet people will still say it's Godlike musicianship.

I'll take it your one of those anti-Beatles homos.

To be fair, it does sound like it'll be just random notes. Are you one of these....pro-Beatles....straight guys? :P

Sir Paul explained: "I said all I want you to do is just wander around all the stuff, bang it, shout, play it, it doesn't need to make any sense. Hit a drum then wander on to the piano, hit a few notes, just wander around.

You're half right, but I'm not anti-beatles. I don't worship their music though.

Paul has said right there that he said walk around and play a note here and there. People will still conlude it's genious.

They were all by a long shot not the most gifted of players of their time. Their good looks and witty charm propelled them far beyond the norm.

They were all by a long shot not the most gifted of players of their time. Their good looks and witty charm propelled them far beyond the norm.

...of their time?....1964,when they first broke world wide?

Maybe not the best musicians,but it was hardly a "Hendrix world" yet.

Their looks and wit were novelty factors...their songwriting skills took them to the top of the charts....and leagues beyond the norm.

Their harmonies were unique at the time and they had the distinction of (for the most part) writing their own material.

No longer did an artist need a Carol King,Lieber-Stoller penned gifthorse to get a hit.

Songs that included "unheard of" chords to the average ears...to this day known as "Beatle chords".

Garages everywhere crackled.

Their influence on modern music is unprecedented.

They launched the second wave of rock and roll and saved it from the floundering dirge of Frankie Avalons and Fabians that it had become.

Everyone else rode their coattails through the door.

Edited by zint61

You're half right, but I'm not anti-beatles. I don't worship their music though.

Paul has said right there that he said walk around and play a note here and there. People will still conlude it's genious.

Don't forget writing the most timeless music in history.

Edited by GNRs00ks

Beatles were the first boy band. That's all.

that's true

but only so in the period of about 63-65

Once they recorded revolver, they really started becoming a true rock band and that's not a dig at all at their early stuff because I love everything they've ever done. Actually, Help! is one of my favs of theirs.

In my opinion, while they are not my favorite band ever(though they are most likely in my top 5 or so), I believe the Beatles are the greatest band there ever was and ever will be. No band will ever have such an impact on the world again and Johnny is the best songwriter to ever grace the world of rock.

And that excludes that this song actually is genious? Some of the best songs ever were created by non concious pissing around on instruments.

If you want well thought out music listen to Arnold Schönberg. Have fun.

Honestly, people that think the Beatles can do no wrong are the worst. Anyone that says anything against the Beatles gets lynched.

Equally bad are people to whom the Beatles can do no good. The ones who, regardless of liking them, boldly deny their importance in music. Anyone who disagrees with them is being accused of being completely up the Beatles' asses.

Both seem to run around this place...

The Beatles were good, I never said they weren't. What I am saying though is their ability to play their instruments was not best of their time nor unique.

Wha I said to begin with was with what Paul said, about them just dabbling on some instruments on that unheard song. There will people fapping over it purely because it's The Beatles

the beatles still have a huge fanbase and they don't release that many records lately so I don't see what's wrong about being excited. This is one of the mythical beatles demos as well as the 30 minute Helter Skelter version.

Will it be the best thing ever done? Probably not. But is this a reason to put it down before you even heard it?

The Beatles were good, I never said they weren't. What I am saying though is their ability to play their instruments was not best of their time nor unique.

What the Beatles were doing with their instruments in the 60's wasn't unique??

wow...

Profoundly inaccurate.