LLaS, AFD, TSI, UYI vinyl

oldsyd

Correct, but hopefully it helps out until I find another job.

I'm probably not the only one unloading things from their

collection due to the economy.

Every little bit helps.

Yep, that's why I've held on to these for so long.

But, without a job right now, and my first child on the way, I can't eat a record. :(

You could but it wouldn't be very tasty

Don't they have some places that hand out vouchers and food packs

The money from selling them isn't going to last very long.

Correct, but hopefully it helps out until I find another job.

I'm probably not the only one unloading things from their

collection due to the economy.

Every little bit helps.

Yep, that's why I've held on to these for so long.

But, without a job right now, and my first child on the way, I can't eat a record. :(

You could but it wouldn't be very tasty

Don't they have some places that hand out vouchers and food packs

The money from selling them isn't going to last very long.

The items look like they are going pretty cheap bid now people http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/jlp17

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I think you are right. I forget not everyone is down with the hip

GnR slang used around here. :)

You should of actually put Guns N' Roses in the title. Not as many people search for gnr as they would for guns n' roses. That's why these items haven't got the attention they deserve yet.

I'm sad I didn't see this topic earlier, I would have bought your LLaS.

I went to the collectible site and found a link for Back to Black Vinyl and I tried to buy the AFD re-release but it just looped me back to the site. :( Weak.

Edited by Dariablue

I'm sad I didn't see this topic earlier, I would have bought your LLaS.

I went to the collectible site and found a link for Back to Black Vinyl and I tried to buy the AFD re-release but it just looped me back to the site. :( Weak.

Don't worry they come up on ebay all the time, but make sure you buy a genuine copy.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Well damn, I was the one putting in those late bids. I really wanted to land the LLAS and in retrospect I should have bid till I got it. I don't imagine a legit copy that's in such good condition pops up very often on ebay. The amount of fakes are unreal. I bought one that I think is a fake, that's why I want to land a real one to do a comparison with.

I wouldn't trust any LLAS that a) is still sealed, b ) comes from Asia, or c) is sealed and comes from Asia. The amount of LLAS that have popped up in the last three years that fall into category 'c' is a real fucking joke.

Anyways, I'm glad you got a decent price for it and hopefully one day things will turn around and you'll be able to rebuild your collection again.

Edited by KBear

Well damn, I was the one putting in those late bids. I really wanted to land the LLAS and in retrospect I should have bid till I got it. I don't imagine a legit copy that's in such good condition pops up very often on ebay. The amount of fakes are unreal. I bought one that I think is a fake, that's why I want to land a real one to do a comparison with.

I wouldn't trust any LLAS that a) is still sealed, b ) comes from Asia, or c) is sealed and comes from Asia. The amount of LLAS that have popped up in the last three years that fall into category 'c' is a real fucking joke.

Anyways, I'm glad you got a decent price for it and hopefully one day things will turn around and you'll be able to rebuild your collection again.

How can you tell a real from a fake besides the above suggestions, of course.

How can you tell a real from a fake besides the above suggestions, of course.

Look at the vinyl itself towards the inner label. You will see number etched along the edge. If they are no there it is fake.

Both my records have the etching on the vinyl before the label on the record

Mine has the etching on the vinyl too. I guess I cannot say with absolute certainty that mine is a fake. If it is then these people can do a damn fine duplicate. But nevertheless, I still suspect that it is. We have to remember that there were only 10,000 copies made and of course they were distributed only in the U.S. Now some have made their way outside those borders, I realize that. But I bet the vast majority have not, and I'm sure 99% were opened and listened to and it's now 20 years later so they won't be in perfect shape. Even oldsyd's has some minor wear.

But one thing I noticed when I was bidding on this copy, you can really enlarge the picture and get a good look at the cover. When I pulled my copy out I noticed that mine was a lot smoother and glossier. I can take a pic of it if you guys want to see it. But you can see that oldsyd's has a bit of a bumpy finish when you zoom in on it.

Go to http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...id=ladydairhean

Click My GN'R Collector Guides

Click on Live Like a Suicide

Read what she says about the finish of the covers. I think this, and some common sense, is the way to tell.

Edited by KBear

Mine has the etching on the vinyl too. I guess I cannot say with absolute certainty that mine is a fake. If it is then these people can do a damn fine duplicate. But nevertheless, I still suspect that it is. We have to remember that there were only 10,000 copies made and of course they were distributed only in the U.S. Now some have made their way outside those borders, I realize that. But I bet the vast majority have not, and I'm sure 99% were opened and listened to and it's now 20 years later so they won't be in perfect shape. Even oldsyd's has some minor wear.

But one thing I noticed when I was bidding on this copy, you can really enlarge the picture and get a good look at the cover. When I pulled my copy out I noticed that mine was a lot smoother and glossier. I can take a pic of it if you guys want to see it. But you can see that oldsyd's has a bit of a bumpy finish when you zoom in on it.

Go to http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...id=ladydairhean

Click My GN'R Collector Guides

Click on Live Like a Suicide

Read what she says about the finish of the covers. I think this, and some common sense, is the way to tell.

i'm going to look over my two copies again

Pretty sure mine are legit though i'll just double check

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Thank you very much for posting that. ThinkAboutYou, if you have two, ever thought of selling one? ;)

I haven't thought about selling one

Best to just buy one on ebay but follow the guides to make sure you buy a legit copy

By the way I checked over my LLAS and from the guides they look authentic

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

KBear, you posted the link to the best guide out there I've seen so far.

After looking at it, I got worried that I might have a fake, but everything checked

out. I think it helped that I bought all my stuff before Ebay. Most of my GnR stuff

was bought during the Goldmine era, if you remember that.

That was the old days where you bid on things using envelopes and the post office

then you sent money orders.

I wouldn't totally write off sealed items, I have another batch of legit sealed items

I'll be posting soon. My sealed copy of LLaS is identical in color and cover to my opened

one I just sold.

If you look at the guide, they tell you what to look for:

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/guides.htm

llasseallowxs4.th.jpg

I would look at the cassette shell and the quality of the printing on it.

I've never seen one in person, but I'm guessing it should look the same

as a Geffen cassette from that year. Clear shell, white lettering. That's

a bit harder to bootleg these days since cassettes are pretty dead.

They don't come up on Ebay very often, maybe someone here could

post a photo if they have one.

Does anyone know the difference between a real and a fake LLAS cassette?

I would look at the cassette shell and the quality of the printing on it.

I've never seen one in person, but I'm guessing it should look the same

as a Geffen cassette from that year. Clear shell, white lettering. That's

a bit harder to bootleg these days since cassettes are pretty dead.

They don't come up on Ebay very often, maybe someone here could

post a photo if they have one.

Does anyone know the difference between a real and a fake LLAS cassette?

I have a cassette and the printing is the same as the real LLAS vinyl. Clear colors, nothing faded.

livelikeasuicide381x490ho8.jpg

Thanks! Is there anything on the back of the J-Card, or is it just white paper?

Also, it looks like there is a Dolby HX Pro logo on it, so does it have the Dolby

tones at the lead in?

I'm guessing the other side of the cassette has the same info on it and songs.

Cool, I don't think I've ever seen a pic that clear of one.