This decade was really shit for music

Gallagher Rose

I think the 20teens is going to be the real musical disaster. At least this decade we got some great releases from acts established in the 90's and a bit earlier.

People said the same about all previous decades. It's understandable that a lot of you don't enjoy the music of this decade, though - this is, after all, a forum dedicated to a band who had its heyday in the '80s/'90s.

Personally I just can't stand some the indie bullshit. I'll clarify. The obscure artist with lyrics that aren't lyrics their "art" by a whinny fuck and like 20 people think he's this era's John Lennon.

Not to mention the fanbase it's the same with Metal heads.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back, there have been a lot of really good albums this decade. For example:

Brian Wilson - Smile

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Radiohead - Kid A and In Rainbows

Iron Maiden - Brave New World, Dance of Death and A Matter of Life and Death

The Verve - Forth

Duffy - Rockferry

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

Biffy Clyro - The Vertigo of Bliss and Puzzle

OutKast - Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

The Strokes - Is This It

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - B.R.M.C.

Coldplay - Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head

Daft Punk - Discovery

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

The White Stripes - Elephant

Arcade Fire - Funeral

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and Favourite Worst Nightmare

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth and Year Zero

Gorillaz - Gorillaz

Tool - Lateralus

Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth and Dig Out Your Soul

The Rolling Stones - A Bigger Bang

Muse - Origin of Symmetry and Absolution

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

Amy Winehouse - Back to Black

Rush - Snakes and Arrows

The Killers - Hot Fuss, Sam's Town and Day & Age

Audioslave - Audioslave

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away the Tigers

All of those albums were released this decade. ;)

favorite worst nightmare was pretty shitty, WEPSIA,TWIN was pretty good tho

Favourite Worst Nightmare was great! 505 is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard

I forgot to add to my list, Red Hot Chili Peppers! Stadium Arcadium was great

Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart

Calvin Harris - I Created Disco

Daft Punk - Discovery

The Vines - Winning Days

The Strokes - Is This It & First Impressions of Earth

Libertines - Up the Bracket

Killers - Sam's Town

Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Global A Go-Go

Powderfinger - Vulture Street

11 albums guaranteed to cum in your ear pussy

Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart

Calvin Harris - I Created Disco

Daft Punk - Discovery

The Vines - Winning Days

The Strokes - Is This It & First Impressions of Earth

Libertines - Up the Bracket

Killers - Sam's Town

Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Global A Go-Go

Powderfinger - Vulture Street

11 albums guaranteed to cum in your ear pussy

I love Discovery, but have to turn it off everytime Crescendolls comes on. It sucks so bad.

Voyager owns though.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Håkan Hellström - Ett kolikbarns bekännelser

Håkan Hellström is the worst thing we've ever had in this country, so I doubt that this album is good. Worthless is the word.

Lets not forget Get Born (2003)

I really tried to get into Get Born, I really did. But I ended up not liking it at all. Aside from a few radio friendly songs, the rest can be incredibly boring.

Other great albums released this decade that haven't been mentioned:

Interpol - With The Lights Out

Interpol - Antics

Modwheelmood - ?

Modwheelmood - Enemies & Immigrants

Jamiroquai - A Funk Odyssey

Jamiroquai - Dynamite

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

Maximum the Hormone - Buiikikaesu

Maximum the Hormone - Rokkinpo Goroshi

This thread is ridiculous. Just a few off the top of my head...

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

Iron Maiden - all their albums

Killers - Hot Fuss

Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf, Era Vulgaris, Rated R

Extreme - Saudades de Rock

Metallica - Death Magnetic

Gavin deGraw - Chariot

Plant and Krauss - Raising Sand

Arctic Monkeys albums

Muse - Origins of sym, Absolution

Ryan Adams - Gold

Strokes - Is this it

Pearl Jam (self-titled)

Green Day - American Idiot

VR - Contraband

And even then I'm only listing a very narrow selection of music.

What a crap musical decade we have since 2000.. I can list 4 or 5 great albums like Chinese Democracy, Is This It, Dig Out Your Soul, Back to Black and some other good albums, but that's all.

I was listening to "Somewhere in England" from George Harrison and it's easily better than almost all the current music out there.

We are full of shit music like Akon, Soulja Boy, Tokio Hotel, Jonas gay Brothers and Kanye West nowadays, it's the worst decade for music, ever.

You missed Heathen Chemistry and Don't Believe the Truth. Plus a shit load from Mike Patton, Stereophonics and NIN... and that doesn't even get me started on non popular stuff...

2 bands I've been an avid fan in the 2000s are Radiohead and The White Stripes. They just continually release good music. Then of course there's the good rap this decade. Kanye, Jay-Z, Outkast, Eminem. There's plenty of good music this decade. You just have to have an open mind.

What a crap musical decade we have since 2000.. I can list 4 or 5 great albums like Chinese Democracy, Is This It, Dig Out Your Soul, Back to Black and some other good albums, but that's all.

I was listening to "Somewhere in England" from George Harrison and it's easily better than almost all the current music out there.

We are full of shit music like Akon, Soulja Boy, Tokio Hotel, Jonas gay Brothers and Kanye West nowadays, it's the worst decade for music, ever.

I see what you mean. I think this decade has lacked central themes in the mainstream world.

90's grunge/modern hip hop

80's New wave/hair bands/birth of hip hop

70's Arena bands/punk/Classic Rock

60's Birth of Britpop/Hippie Rock

This decade just hasn't had anything to define it. I think there's been some great albums, but they're quickly dismissed. Maybe in this Ipod, download an album in two minutes world we live in now, new musical landscapes can't linger and grow like the days of old.

Chin up mate, Oasis is alive and well.

Cheers.

Edited by useyourintrusions

I think it's because it's all been done already. bands these days just "borrow" stuff from other, older bands and release their stuff, and some people dont like it. that's just the way things are. but there's been plenty of good bands and albums, just cause you don't like it doesnt make it shit. XD

I'm wondering what you, Gallagher Rose, think a great album is. or even better, tell me how many great albums came out in the 90s :question:

Well. of course, if you only look at the über-boring mainstream pop crap like you do, all you'll see is shite. It's been like that for every decade. Expand your horizon.

Read this ^

Yeah, really.

To say Dig Out Your Soul is one of the best albums of this decade is a bit stunning to me, actually. I thought it was average at best - for just this year, let alone the decade.

Well. of course, if you only look at the über-boring mainstream pop crap like you do, all you'll see is shite. It's been like that for every decade. Expand your horizon.

Read this ^

Yeah, really.

To say Dig Out Your Soul is one of the best albums of this decade is a bit stunning to me, actually. I thought it was average at best - for just this year, let alone the decade.

I'm a big Oasis fan, but I definitely agree that calling Dig Out Your Soul one of the best albums of the decade is really weird... I liked the album, it's definitely their best stuff since Be Here Now (which it's about equal with) but it's still far from the best of decade, I have it as number 18 on my albums list. Of 2008.

What are you talking about? It's pretty much confirmed that emo/indie are the defining genres of the '00's.

What are you talking about? Who told you that? We're talking on a mainstream level. How can indie be mainstream?

What are you talking about? It's pretty much confirmed that emo/indie are the defining genres of the '00's.

What are you talking about? Who told you that? We're talking on a mainstream level. How can indie be mainstream?

Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, The Strokes.... you're telling me they're not mainstream?

Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers, The Strokes.... you're telling me they're not mainstream?

ahhh, I posted a blog about this crap on my myspace earlier today. I hate how people call "indie" a type of music. indie is when you're releasing your stuff by yourself or signed with an independant label!!! :question:

gosh, today's world confuses me so much :rofl-lol: