Gallagher says Oasis are on par with the Rolling Stones

ComaBreak

How many of you even read the article? He says they are comparable on terms of recognition, and the sense that when you go and see them live you know what you'll be getting, they are also similar in that despite declining album sales they can still fill stadiums without breaking a sweat. They have ceased to be relevant to current music, but are still a popular band with dare I say it, a nostalgia orientated fanbase.

Perfectly valid comparison.

Yes, but we like bashing them.

Oh, 5,000 posts. I'm such a whore. Well, i've been here over 4 years.

Yeah!?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you even read the article? He says they are comparable on terms of recognition, and the sense that when you go and see them live you know what you'll be getting, they are also similar in that despite declining album sales they can still fill stadiums without breaking a sweat. They have ceased to be relevant to current music, but are still a popular band with dare I say it, a nostalgia orientated fanbase.

Yeah!?

I'm curious, does your username read "why am I sonic" ?

Yeah!?

I'm curious, does your username read "why am I sonic" ?

:laugh: No, but it would be funny. I'd rather not say why my nickname is like that, it was a stupid childish thing (well, 4 years ago a lot of strange things went through my mind).

Oasis = Noel Gallagher. And he's a damn good songwriter.Realeasing a record full of b- sides like the masterplan with such quality songs on it shows that someone is realy gifted.

i don't like their big mouth either but well working class people with money probably act like that.

On this forum it's sort of en vogue to bash and dislike Oasis. Nobody listens to their songs in the states (although they sold out madison square garden) but everyone has scientifically facts that they are shit.

In the end its a matter of opinion I like them.

(although they sold out madison square garden) but everyone has scientifically facts that they are shit.

Everybody uses Madison Square Garden as the measuring stick of super success. I'm not saying it's not cool, but selling out an arena in a metropolitan area of 20 million people probably is not the feat it sounds like. Now, sell out Greenville, SC, and I'm impressed.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

(although they sold out madison square garden) but everyone has scientifically facts that they are shit.

Everybody uses Madison Square Garden as the measuring stick of super success. I'm not saying it's not cool, but selling out an arena in a metropolitan area of 20 million people probably is not the feat it sounds like. Now, sell out Greenville, SC, and I'm impressed.

Mike Tyson could sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating.

Oasis are a well-accomplished band, that is plainly true, but I don't rate them in the absolute top tear.

Sure and when they sold out Greenville, SC you would say "man selling out in the middle of nowhere ain't hard at all. People there starve for something new".

...and get rid of the gay mod haircuts already

How old are these guys now??

What would you rather a mullet.

That's just the point...mullets are a thing of the past.

Move past the retro teenage mod from the 60's look...it's over.

Especially on guys their age.

...do they ride around on Vespas too?

...and get rid of the gay mod haircuts already

How old are these guys now??

What would you rather a mullet.

That's just the point...mullets are a thing of the past.

Move past the retro teenage mod from the 60's look...it's over.

Especially on guys their age.

...do they ride around on Vespas too?

Whussa Vespa?

oasis2.jpg

Embrace the mod, I say! The alternative is worse :).

Even though DOYS is the first album of theirs that I completely dislike, they're still badass. Did anyone ever watch Live Forever: The Rise and Fall of Brit Pop? Those two guys are such entertaining personalities -- I wish there were more bands like them.

If they were as big here as they were in the UK during their prime, I probably would have burnt out on them.

Edited by Ant

Oasis are on par with the stones of course they are, only a dumb fuck would think otherwise, the stones as a whole are a better band for me, but not one of their albums is as good as definitely maybe or morning glory. Not exile, not sticky fingers, not let it bleed. They've also got a lot of rubbish albums.

Dirty Work - rubbish

Steel Wheels - Rubbish

Undercover - Rubbish

Voodoo Lounge - Rubbish

Bridges To Babylon - Rubbish

both are in complete comfort zones.

both sell out stadiums around the world.

both make and play rock n roll music.

Liam Gallagher is 36 now. Noel is 41. Noel gets better with age, and liam is continuing to grow as a songwriter and is a phenomenal singer in the studio.

in 30 years oasis will easily replace the stones as the ultimate stadium rock grandads.

the stones and oasis are probably the two most identifiable bands on the planets.

Edited by liquidmetal

Oasis are on par with the stones of course they are, only a dumb fuck would think otherwise, the stones as a whole are a better band for me, but not one of their albums is as good as definitely maybe or morning glory. Not exile, not sticky fingers, not let it bleed. They've also got a lot of rubbish albums.

Dirty Work - rubbish

Steel Wheels - Rubbish

Undercover - Rubbish

Voodoo Lounge - Rubbish

Bridges To Babylon - Rubbish

both are in complete comfort zones.

both sell out stadiums around the world.

both make and play rock n roll music.

Liam Gallagher is 36 now. Noel is 41. Noel gets better with age, and liam is continuing to grow as a songwriter and is a phenomenal singer in the studio.

in 30 years oasis will easily replace the stones as the ultimate stadium rock grandads.

this is what noel means IMO.

I like you :)

spot on. Thread over.

I love Oasis, but NO. Definitely Maybe is one of my favourite albums of all time but Exile On Main St., Sticky Fingers, Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed are better.