Somebody just robbed ebay

troccoli

I have the SCOM single on mini-CD... not sure if it's an original or an '88 re-release though.

The 7" of Aint It Fun is way rarer than that. If anyone is familiar with collecting Metallica and the Top 100 of Metallica items, I'd say this would be a Top 100 GNR item, maybe even top 50.

FYI, it wasn't me (sadly), but someone picked this up on eBay today. Of course I meant to bid on it but completely forgot. For anyone who is knowledgable about GNR memorabilia, this is a fuckin' steal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNS-N-ROSES-Aint-it-f...1QQcmdZViewItem

Damn!

What's the usual price for this?

I'm not sure what it should be worth. I would hazard a guess at somewhere between $50-$100US.

Over the last approx 8 years I have seen 3 of these come up for sale on ebay (inclusive of this one), every time I have seen them I have bought them. Two of them were in obscure auctions with other non GNR related 7" inches so I got them for a steal. I traded one to Troccoli a few years ago for his spare Ain't it Fun 12" coz I was searching for one of those for quite some time. Those 12"'s are worth quite a bit too aren't they Troccoli ;)

It's hard to say exactly what the 7" is worth because they hardly ever come up for sale. What would you say is a reasonable estimate for them Troccoli?

On a seperate note, have you ever thought about putting a top 50 or 100 of collectible GNR items together Troccoli like that well known Metallica list?

Edited by williambailey01

FYI, it wasn't me (sadly), but someone picked this up on eBay today. Of course I meant to bid on it but completely forgot. For anyone who is knowledgable about GNR memorabilia, this is a fuckin' steal:

Damn!

I'm not sure what it should be worth. I would hazard a guess at somewhere between $50-$100US.

Over the last approx 8 years I have seen 3 of these come up for sale on ebay (inclusive of this one), every time I have seen them I have bought them. Two of them were in obscure auctions with other non GNR related 7" inches so I got them for a steal. I traded one to Troccoli a few years ago for his spare Ain't it Fun 12" coz I was searching for one of those for quite some time. Those 12"'s are worth quite a bit too aren't they Troccoli ;)

It's hard to say exactly what the 7" is worth because they hardly ever come up for sale. What would you say is a reasonable estimate for them Troccoli?

On a seperate note, have you ever thought about putting a top 50 or 100 of collectible GNR items together Troccoli like that well known Metallica list?

I think that $50-$100 is a reasonable estimate, but of course value is always a difficult thing to dictate. I've thought about making a Top 100 GNR list but I think it would be real helpful to have it be a collaborative effort amongst collectors - we'd have to decide what to put on the list. Would it be only official items with a catalogue #? Would misprints/mispressings be on there? Then we have to find out who else has these things to get a feel for how many are out there. But it can be done and would be fun.

But it can be done and would be fun.

It would also do a lot for the value of a number of your items too, i'd imagine.

Exactly. Which is another reason why I don't want to do it alone - it wouldn't be credible.

It's a good idea but also very subjective

Probably need about 10 serious gnr collectors to work on the list

Damn!

I think that $50-$100 is a reasonable estimate, but of course value is always a difficult thing to dictate. I've thought about making a Top 100 GNR list but I think it would be real helpful to have it be a collaborative effort amongst collectors - we'd have to decide what to put on the list. Would it be only official items with a catalogue #? Would misprints/mispressings be on there? Then we have to find out who else has these things to get a feel for how many are out there. But it can be done and would be fun.

I would be happy to help out if you want to do it. See if there are any other collectors who are interested in doing it as well.

It may be best to start with say a top 30 or top 50 or something and then look to expand it to a top 100 if necessary.

I have thought about the mispressings/misprint issue too. It would be hard to put it on the list if it is a one of a kind - since there is not much chance for any other people to collect it, unless there were multiple copies done like that. Test pressings on the other hand is different since there are multiples of those done, albeit only a handfull of some. Any idea on how the Metallica Top 100 deals with this issue Troccoli?

I suppose the starting point would be to try and determine what the critera is for getting on the list, then get a number of people that are keen to get involved to make their own individual lists and then compare them all and take it from there to collate it into one list.

Edited by williambailey01

i would probably start by making lists of the things you have. i have just started collecting gnr stuff and i've looked at websites like troccoli's to see what stuff is out there. i started collecting rhcp stuff after looking at a complete list of all their releases, and using that as a reference. if i was to make a list for my collection of rhcp stuff or my budding collection of gnr gear, then i'd start by making lists like 'the vinyl that cost the most to get', or 'took the longest to acquire' etc. it'll depend on what you want the top 100 to feature, like will it only be for records and cds, or will it have memorabilia in it, and what qualifies to be in the list.

i reckon that the following will be quite high up on the list: live like a suicide ep (vinyl and cassette), live era lp, gnr pinball machine, those promo bible UYI sets, test pressings...

i would probably leave out misprints, signed gear and really rare shit like the rough uyi mixes DATS and the Niven demo cds, as they're not stuff that everyone can acquire :no::cry:

but these are just my opinons :xmasssanta:

good luck!

i would probably start by making lists of the things you have. i have just started collecting gnr stuff and i've looked at websites like troccoli's to see what stuff is out there. i started collecting rhcp stuff after looking at a complete list of all their releases, and using that as a reference. if i was to make a list for my collection of rhcp stuff or my budding collection of gnr gear, then i'd start by making lists like 'the vinyl that cost the most to get', or 'took the longest to acquire' etc. it'll depend on what you want the top 100 to feature, like will it only be for records and cds, or will it have memorabilia in it, and what qualifies to be in the list.

i reckon that the following will be quite high up on the list: live like a suicide ep (vinyl and cassette), live era lp, gnr pinball machine, those promo bible UYI sets, test pressings...

i would probably leave out misprints, signed gear and really rare shit like the rough uyi mixes DATS and the Niven demo cds, as they're not stuff that everyone can acquire :no::cry:

but these are just my opinons :xmasssanta:

good luck!

I agree, I would leave out signed stuff and things like awards etc since they are usually one of a kind stuff. Test pressings like the uncut picture discs and coloured vinyl (like yellow nightrain, blue WTTJ) would be cool to include since they do exist in multiples.

Yeah that's probably the best way to start, if anybody who wanted to be involved made a list e.g.:

- Top 20 CD's/ CD singles

- Top 25 Vinyl

- Top 5 Cassettes/cassingles

- Top 10 Box Sets

- Top 20 Other items e.g. TSI Radio, or TSI tomatoe can and spaghetti box etc etc

Just a thought.