The Gaslight Anthem

kropotkin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The '59 Sound is a great album. They're like a mix of Springsteen, The Replacements and The Killers, but all the Springsteen references in the lyrics become annoying after a while... They're playing here in February so I'm thinking about seeing them live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

^He did The '59 Sound with them, both at Glastonbury and Hyde Park, I think at least. And Brian Fallon (Gaslight Anthem's singer) joined Springsteen for No Surrender at Hyde Park. Both their album are really good, and they're good live too.

And I'll recommend the Hold Steady to anyone, anytime.

^He did The '59 Sound with them, both at Glastonbury and Hyde Park, I think at least. And Brian Fallon (Gaslight Anthem's singer) joined Springsteen for No Surrender at Hyde Park. Both their album are really good, and they're good live too.

yeh i was there at hyde park, it was so good when bruce came on for tga..i knew itd happen though after seeing it on glastobury. Seen em three times now and there probably my favourite band at the moment...and have been for a while. Theyre gonna be huge im sure

yeh i was there at hyde park, it was so good when bruce came on for tga..i knew itd happen though after seeing it on glastobury. Seen em three times now and there probably my favourite band at the moment...and have been for a while. Theyre gonna be huge im sure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping this fine thread. I'm in love with everything off of 59 Sound. I love I Coulda Been A Contender off of Sink Or Swim and Senor and the Queen off their EP. I'm seeing them tomorrow night with my brother and I will write up a full review afterwords. Love this gem in "I Coulda Been a Contender"

Once you said I was your hero,

You would dance with me on a dime.

We could spin this world right, right, right, round,

And catch back up on the flipside.

I was gonna get this real big engine,

I was gonna get them Broadway stars.

You were gonna be my Judy Garland,

We were gonna share your tin man heart.

AWESOME!

Bumping this fine thread. I'm in love with everything off of 59 Sound. I love I Coulda Been A Contender off of Sink Or Swim and Senor and the Queen off their EP. I'm seeing them tomorrow night with my brother and I will write up a full review afterwords. Love this gem in "I Coulda Been a Contender"

Once you said I was your hero,

You would dance with me on a dime.

We could spin this world right, right, right, round,

And catch back up on the flipside.

I was gonna get this real big engine,

I was gonna get them Broadway stars.

You were gonna be my Judy Garland,

We were gonna share your tin man heart.

AWESOME!

one of their best songs, just wish i could see them do it live, they normally stick to more of 59 sound. Ida called you woody, joe is a good one off the first record too, in fact there aint a filler on either album or the ep, wicked band

• 2 months later...

The '59 Sound is a decent album, but I wish it was just a tad harder and punkier, and a bit less Springsteen.

You need to check out their first album Sink or Swim. More hard rock with rougher vocals. The '59 Sound definately has a Springsteen vibe going on and it's really good too but their first album is just as good and rocks harder.

Gaslight Anthem are fucking awesome end of story.