The Gaslight Anthem

kropotkin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Didn't realise a new album was on its way. Cracking. I always forget how much I love this band. The 59 Sound is just a cracking album. I've found myself listening to it on repeat 3-4 times before I've even really become aware how rare that is.

Wow, what a shockingly bad band. The sound just really lacks something. It needs some edge, some balls, some guts. Unfortunate enough to have a ticket for the Hyde Park Festival, where they will be sharing a stage with Pearl Jam. I think that'll be dinnertime for me.

Wow, what a shockingly bad band. The sound just really lacks something. It needs some edge, some balls, some guts. Unfortunate enough to have a ticket for the Hyde Park Festival, where they will be sharing a stage with Pearl Jam. I think that'll be dinnertime for me.

Sorry they don't have the edge, balls, and guts that the likes of Maroon 5 have. :P

I don't think the new single is all that great, hopefully the rest of it is better...

Sorry they don't have the edge, balls, and guts that the likes of Maroon 5 have. :P

I don't think the new single is all that great, hopefully the rest of it is better...

:lol: Thanks for spotting that, they were a phase...*removes them from profile* :book:

Edited by Marky

I've always thought they could use a little more grit, too. They don't really have much of their own sound, either, in my opinion. They seem like they're just trying to sound like their heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

Boxer is my absolute favorite track, Orphans is also really good, and the end of We Did it When We Were Young is a great way to end the album. On my second run-through, and already songs are starting to click with me. I dig this album a lot, but I still think its there weakest one to date. Ah well, still really good B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...