Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles

Memnoch The Devil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever man, The Beatles songs that heavily feature Paul suck and make me not really like the Beatles, but the ones where he's more or less in the background are excellent songs I love to listen to. Also, I don't like Paul's solo shit or Wings, so Sir Paul can go fuck himself. The Beatles would have been so much better without him.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Just say you don't like the Beatles at all, rather than making stupid comments like this.

But I do like the Beatles on George and John heavy songs.

Whatever man, The Beatles songs that heavily feature Paul suck and make me not really like the Beatles, but the ones where he's more or less in the background are excellent songs I love to listen to. Also, I don't like Paul's solo shit or Wings, so Sir Paul can go fuck himself. The Beatles would have been so much better without him.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Just say you don't like the Beatles at all, rather than making stupid comments like this.

But I do like the Beatles on George and John heavy songs.

What about Let it Be?

In the "Don't Damn Me" forum, we did the big 90s two biggest bands in the world Battle, GN'R vs. Nirvana

So I want to take it back a little to what was the big debate a generation earlier, and that's the Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

Now, to be fair: Since the Beatles disbanded in 1970, go only by what the Rolling Stones had released by 1970.

:confused:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...+stones+beatles

Do really need to keep making the same threads over and over? Are you going for some kind of fucking record? I understand that other people might create a thread that has already been done, but you repeat yourself. I find it kinda weird to be honest.

Agreed, was gonna post the same thing.

In the "Don't Damn Me" forum, we did the big 90s two biggest bands in the world Battle, GN'R vs. Nirvana

So I want to take it back a little to what was the big debate a generation earlier, and that's the Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

Now, to be fair: Since the Beatles disbanded in 1970, go only by what the Rolling Stones had released by 1970.

:confused:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...+stones+beatles

Do really need to keep making the same threads over and over? Are you going for some kind of fucking record? I understand that other people might create a thread that has already been done, but you repeat yourself. I find it kinda weird to be honest.

Agreed, was gonna post the same thing.

That was more than six months ago, I forgot I posted it. Sorry.

250px-Shrug.jpg

That's our Honks!

Hey, dude, I'm trying to be nice about stuff...Did I get all nasty when it was brought up? No, I said, "Sorry". I had honestly forgotten I made this thread already, it was like 7 months ago, I forgot.

So I'll apologize again. My bad, made a mistake.

But I suppose I'll be criticized for apologizing too.

Toughen the fuck up, Miser.

Anyway, I listen to the Stones a lot more than the Beatles. Though I think the Beatles were more influential and important in the overall scheme of things.

No, I will not allow myself to be treated like an asshole. I'm not going to stay quiet about it. I take things personally.

I do, in all honesty, want to try and start afresh. The whole apology thread I made WASN'T to get attention but was geunine. I've said a lot of dumb shit on the forum which really offended some people and I felt I needed to apologize for it.

Holy shit. Seriously dude, you wanna know why nobody likes you, this is why. You take everything that has ever been said as a personal insult. Chill the fuck out, this is the last time I'm going to say it. It's you that has the problem, not us. None of us even has a real problem with you. You have a problem with all of us. None of us has a problem with each other, either. You pointed out that the only other person around here that gets treated similar to you is GNR513. Shouldn't that be telling you something? Nobody is out to get you. Nobody is out to make your life miserable. People here aren't bad or nasty people. You just choose to interpret every petty little fucking thing like we have just spit in your mother's face. So chill out. Stop taking everything like this. This is the last time I'm saying it. I'm not going to change the way I act-- with everyone-- just for you Honks. So either you chill out or get used to people starting to actually have a problem with you.

Memnoch, your love for the Stones is obvious, and I am a huge fan myself, but the Beatles come out slightly ahead for me

I can only imagine what the Beatles would have produced had they had more time together

It's pretty easy if you try. Imagine, My Sweet Lord, Live and Let Die, Instant Kama, Band On The Run...

Edited by Randy Lahey

Memnoch, your love for the Stones is obvious, and I am a huge fan myself, but the Beatles come out slightly ahead for me

I can only imagine what the Beatles would have produced had they had more time together

It's pretty easy if you try. Imagine, My Sweet Lord, Live and Let Die, Instant Kama, Band On The Run...

As basic ideas, yes - but try imagining those songs as collaborative efforts with some input by the other geniuses in that band...scary

The Beatles are more influential and innovative but the Stones still have a better catalog of songs. The rock star of rock stars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GGz_95jaqU

That was wicked. I've only ever seen Jim Morrison approach a microphone with more cool than that.

As for the topic though, The Beatles, but then i've never really hit my inevitable Stones-heavy phase so i'm sure i'll sway back and forth.

Lennon and McCartney are like Yin and Yang, both had an uncanny sense of melody, left up to John though the Beatles might've gotten a little too dense and heavy, left up to Paul they might've been too airy and whimsical...Between the two of them they were fucking perfect. I still cant get over the idea of these 18/19 year old boys sitting down eating egg and chips and trading line for line and polishing off these songs, each a gem in its own right, in 20 minutes, 40 minutes, like a production line, they literally sometimes had like, two days off to sit down and write songs and might get a couple done in a day...its just incredible, never going over the same ground musically, ALWAYS bringing something fresh to the frame...to me thats like...so special it can't be put into words. The songs that they considered throwaway, fluff, things like Another Girl etc are better than a lot of peoples best efforts, i have tried and tried and tried, just to write one song, one single solitary song like that and i just can't...i dont think many people can either. The term genius does not quite apply, i think its magic and call me a fuckin fairy if you want *cue calls of 'you fuckin fairy' :lol:* but to me the proof is in the pudding. Stones? pfft! Nowhere.

Edited by dirtylenny

Lennon and McCartney are like Yin and Yang, both had an uncanny sense of melody, left up to John though the Beatles might've gotten a little too dense and heavy, left up to Paul they might've been too airy and whimsical...Between the two of them they were fucking perfect. I still cant get over the idea of these 18/19 year old boys sitting down eating egg and chips and trading line for line and polishing off these songs, each a gem in its own right, in 20 minutes, 40 minutes, like a production line, they literally sometimes had like, two days off to sit down and write songs and might get a couple done in a day...its just incredible, never going over the same ground musically, ALWAYS bringing something fresh to the frame...to me thats like...so special it can't be put into words. The songs that they considered throwaway, fluff, things like Another Girl etc are better than a lot of peoples best efforts, i have tried and tried and tried, just to write one song, one single solitary song like that and i just can't...i dont think many people can either. The term genius does not quite apply, i think its magic and call me a fuckin fairy if you want *cue calls of 'you fuckin fairy' :lol:* but to me the proof is in the pudding. Stones? pfft! Nowhere.

Fuckin' Fairy!!!!

But your 100% right. I don't think I could put it any better. :shocked:

Except that George was the man. B)

Edited by InThisRiver

Does that mean you don't like 'live and let die'? I am a little curious now.

Does that mean you don't like 'live and let die'? I am a little curious now.

No, not really.

Fuckin' Fairy!!!!

George was fucking something else man, him on roll over beethoven? fuckin forget about it, within you, without you, taxman, these songs are absolute fucking class, he made Norwegian Wood musically with that sitar as much as John crafted it, and that other song, i cant remember the fuckin name right now "a lifetime is so short, a new one cant be bought but what you've got means such a lot to me" you know the one i mean, i could recite every word of it but the name escapes me right now, a total fucking delight, and Something, Jesus Lord, Something, that song is just wonderful. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, that song stops the fucking train in its tracks as far as criticism of George goes in my opinion.

Even Ringo is fucking underrated, that whole hitting the offbeat thing that influenced a fucking slew of drummers since is like...totally forgotten. And the songs they wrote for him, to fit that kinda jolly uncle persona were just fucking perfect. They were just fucking perfect for each other.

I dont think a band can get any fucking better than The Beatles and in a way i think music knows it too, musicians even. They set the bar so high and so naturally that people dont even try for it.

Guest deleted_19765

Fuckin' Fairy!!!!

George was fucking something else man, him on roll over beethoven? fuckin forget about it, within you, without you, taxman, these songs are absolute fucking class, he made Norwegian Wood musically with that sitar as much as John crafted it, and that other song, i cant remember the fuckin name right now "a lifetime is so short, a new one cant be bought but what you've got means such a lot to me" you know the one i mean, i could recite every word of it but the name escapes me right now, a total fucking delight, and Something, Jesus Lord, Something, that song is just wonderful. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, that song stops the fucking train in its tracks as far as criticism of George goes in my opinion.

Even Ringo is fucking underrated, that whole hitting the offbeat thing that influenced a fucking slew of drummers since is like...totally forgotten. And the songs they wrote for him, to fit that kinda jolly uncle persona were just fucking perfect. They were just fucking perfect for each other.

I dont think a band can get any fucking better than The Beatles and in a way i think music knows it too, musicians even. They set the bar so high and so naturally that people dont even try for it.

The Beatles were a movement. There's nothing after The Beatles that took them any further, they just were for a few years and then they disappeared. There's no realistic comparison.

And rule no. 1 of a rock band:

You are only as good as your drummer.