Rolling Stones vs. The Beatles

Memnoch The Devil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beatles made some commercial, selling music of no influence or whatever up to Revolver. From that point on, John Lennon's songs are awesome, and some of George's. It's sad that half of the Beatles stuff (the songs made by Paul) suck so much. Can't stand him and I'm not Heather Mills.

The Beatles didn't actually define anything IMO, the Stones defined a rock band.

Edited by Yamisonic

The Beatles made some commercial, selling music of no influence or whatever up to Revolver. From that point on, John Lennon's songs are awesome, and some of George's. It's sad that half of the Beatles stuff (the songs made by Paul) suck so much. Can't stand him and I'm not Heather Mills.

The Beatles didn't actually define anything IMO, the Stones defined a rock band.

I think the Beatles defined what the greatest catalog of all time should sound like.

No influence whatsoever, are you kidding?!?!?!?! (the pre-revolver stuff i mean) Practically all the stuffs in the charts from the time, the 60s, Georgie Fame and The Blue Flames, Gerry & The Pacemakers, Hermans Hermits, Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Titch and...yeah, 90% of what was known as the british invasion was influenced by that shit. How on earth can you say the early stuff wasnt influential?!?! fucking influence?!?! the bastards were handing songs out to bands at the time and getting them into the top ten with em.

Edited by dirtylenny

I don't understand why it has to be Stones Vs The Beatles? What's the point. They both made some of the greatest music known to man. Sure I prefer the Beatles, but I don't think that takes away from what The Stones accomplished. As a matter of fact, I think I'll listen to Let It Bleed tonight. One of my all time favorite albums. Then maybe I'll put on Rubber Soul or Sgt. Peppers. It about the music people. No need for all this, "who was more influential, who had more hits, who looked cooler" nonsense.

and Deeds, How can you hate Paul McCartney? I just don't get it. :suspicious: I could understand if you didn't like John, but it's fucking Paul!!!

I don't understand why it has to be Stones Vs The Beatles? What's the point. They both made some of the greatest music known to man. Sure I prefer the Beatles, but I don't think that takes away from what The Stones accomplished. As a matter of fact, I think I'll listen to Let It Bleed tonight. One of my all time favorite albums. Then maybe I'll put on Rubber Soul or Sgt. Peppers. It about the music people. No need for all this, "who was more influential, who had more hits, who looked cooler" nonsense.

and Deeds, How can you hate Paul McCartney? I just don't get it. :suspicious: I could understand if you didn't like John, but it's fucking Paul!!!

What's not to like about John?! Every time I see or hear Paul, though, I just want to slap him or something.

As for the topic at hand, I mean, it's a rock 'n' roll band. Rock 'n' roll includes the show, and the Beatles were really not a live band. The Stones, though, set the bar for the rock show. I still really think the Stones win out.

What's not to like about John?! Every time I see or hear Paul, though, I just want to slap him or something.

As for the topic at hand, I mean, it's a rock 'n' roll band. Rock 'n' roll includes the show, and the Beatles were really not a live band. The Stones, though, set the bar for the rock show. I still really think the Stones win out.

It's cool dude. I just want everyone to love the Beatles as much as I do. :D And I didn't say you should hate John, it just seems like that would make more sense, considering he always seemed like more of an asshole (in the press at least) .

Guest deleted_19765
Though there are probably more stones songs in my top 1000 songs of all time, they are not diverse enough...gotta give it to the Beatles. Now Zeppelin, that's another story.

:lol:

Wait, really?