Interesting Facts About Your Favorite Bands

Dariablue

Oasis' Noel Gallagher is dislexic. When writing Dont Look Back In Anger, Noel gave Liam a choice of singing either that or Wonderwall, and Noel would do the other. Liam tried DLBIA, and sang 'Dont Look Back Anger'. Noel asked him why he hadnt sung 'Dont Look Back In Anger' and Liam said something along the lines of 'Well thats not what it says here chief'. All hell ensued :lol:

No Doubt formed in 1986

John Spence, the original lead singer, killed himself :(

Gwen Stefani used to check into hotels under the name Daria Blue

Your turn.

The group "Ween" came up with they're name using a combination of the words Weiner and Penis.

:rolleyes:

Is that a pic of Jenna jameson in your avator?

Edited by superj

Johnny Rotten from one of my favorite bands the sex pistols used to hang around with three other friends, also all named John, John Stevens aka Rambo, John Wardle aka Jah Wobble and John Simon Ritchie aka Sid Vicious, Johnny Rotten himself being John Lydon.

What are the chances of that? I know, i know, amaaaaaaaazingly interesting :P

No Doubt formed in 1986

Your turn.

The group "Ween" came up with they're name using a combination of the words Weiner and Penis.

Yes. :P

Johnny Rotten from one of my favorite bands the sex pistols used to hang around with three other friends, also all named John, John Stevens aka Rambo, John Wardle aka Jah Wobble and John Simon Ritchie aka Sid Vicious, Johnny Rotten himself being John Lydon.

What are the chances of that? I know, i know, amaaaaaaaazingly interesting :P

Aye, cos McLaren's wife recommended a singer called John, referring to one of the other two and McLaren hired Lydon, only learning later that, in fact he wasn't the John that Westwood referred to who was one of the other two.

No Doubt formed in 1986

Your turn.

Yes. :P

Thought so.

:)

Soundgarden - Cornell was originally the drummer for the band and it was NBA star Larry Bird who convinced him to start singing lead after he heard Chris doing some backing vocals at a gig. Larry remains one of Soundgarden's biggest fans.

The Strokes - The president of the their online fan club is the nephew of Cheers star George Wendt.

The Killers - The song Andy, You're A Star was written about Andy Dick who Brandon Flowers grew up idolising.

Soundgarden - Cornell was originally the drummer for the band and it was NBA star Larry Bird who convinced him to start singing lead after he heard Chris doing some backing vocals at a gig. Larry remains one of Soundgarden's biggest fans.

The Strokes - The president of the their online fan club is the nephew of Cheers star George Wendt.

The Killers - The song Andy, You're A Star was written about Andy Dick who Brandon Flowers grew up idolising.

Haha, these sound made up to me. What the fuck would Larry Bird be at one of their concerts for? Also, nobody grew up idolizing Andy Dick.

Pearl Jam originally wanted their band name to be Mookie Blaylock in reference to a famous basketball player,

but for legal reasons they could not. They paid tribute instead by naming their debut album "Ten" which was his

number.

Lol.

I remember this.

Mookie was a damn good point guard too..

Guest deleted_19765

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger went to school as kids, but were reintroduced to eachother when one spotted the other with a Little Walter record.

speaking of members of rhcp who loved heroin, frusciante's new album leaked earlier today.

i'm liking it--might end up liking it just as much as niandra or curtains.

the first song is ill; it's almost maggot brain-esque. and you can really hear the influence omar rodriguez-lopez has had on him in a few of the tracks.

Edited by stacks on deck