Interesting Facts About Your Favorite Bands

Dariablue

An interesting fact about English rock band 10cc, who were responsible for the late seventies song "I'm not in Love":

A widely-repeated claim, disputed by King[12] and Godley,[13] but confirmed in a 1988 interview by Creme,[14] is that the band name represented a volume of semen that was more than the average amount ejaculated by men, thus emphasising their potency or prowess.

An interesting fact about English rock band 10cc, who were responsible for the late seventies song "I'm not in Love":
A widely-repeated claim, disputed by King[12] and Godley,[13] but confirmed in a 1988 interview by Creme,[14] is that the band name represented a volume of semen that was more than the average amount ejaculated by men, thus emphasising their potency or prowess.

Wonder why you like that song....

Stone Temple Pilots were originally called Mighty Joe Young, but had to change their name.

Buckcherry was originally called Sparrow.

Tony Iommi didn't want Ozzy in his band originally.

Skid Row had to pay 35 grand to obtain the rights to the Skid Row name. They purchased those rights from Gary Moore.

Just a few off the tip of my head....

Edited by tat2d1

Stone Temple Pilots were originally called Mighty Joe Young, but had to change their name.

Buckcherry was originally called Sparrow.

Tony Iommi didn't want Ozzy in his band originally.

Skid Row had to pay 35 grand to obtain the rights to the Skid Row name. They purchased those rights from Gary Moore.

Just a few off the tip of my head....

Didn't Scott and Robert meet at a Black Flag concert since they were dating the same chick?

I also though John Bon Jovi owned the Skid Row name?

I also though John Bon Jovi owned the Skid Row name?

No, Gary Moore had a band called Skid Row. They put out an album in the 70's. Snake & Rachel Bolan had to come up with 35 grand to buy the Skid Row name. Jon Bon Jovi owned the publishing company that Skid Row signed with. Apparently part of Skid Row's record deal included them signing with Bon Jovi's publishing company and as part of the deal Jon & Richie Sambora got all of Skid Row's publishing royalties. Eventually there was some drama because of that and rumor has it that Richie gave his money back to the Skid Row guys, but Jon never did. That probably has alot to do with Bach's hatred towards Jon Bon Jovi. Another fucked up thing about Skid Row's deal was that only Bach, Snake, and Rachel were actually signed. Scotti Hill and Rob Affuso weren't even part of the contract.

Edited by tat2d1