Alice in Chains

Memnoch The Devil

One of the best bands ever, imo. Definately the best band of the ''Grunge'' era, though they weren't really a grunge band.

Layne's sulty, Morrison-esque voice was the best part of the band. My fav song is ''Got Me Wrong''.

Morrison-esque, huh? What gives you that impression?

One of the best bands ever, imo. Definately the best band of the ''Grunge'' era, though they weren't really a grunge band.

Layne's sulty, Morrison-esque voice was the best part of the band. My fav song is ''Got Me Wrong''.

Morrison-esque, huh? What gives you that impression?

I was thinking the same thing.

He sounds nothing like Morrison. Have you heard the doors before, Memnoch?

Regardless of that, Layne's voice put them in a league of their own in the grunge era. Alice in Chains had a lot of metal elements in that band which made it awesome. Mix that with one of the most unique voices ever, you get success. Sad how things ended though, all the true greats die young.

BTW, Alice in Chains will never be Alice in Chains without Layne, I doubt they even attempt to write new material with William DuVall.

I saw AIC with William Duvall and he sounded pretty damn good. Obviously no one will sound like Layne but he did the best he could. Jerry and the rest of the guys sounded tight as hell. Lets not forget jerry wrote most of the lyrics and songs since layne was too messed up most of the time. Given Staley's habits, this incarnation of AIC is the best we're going to get, and as long as Jerry is involved it shouldnt be too bad. I was skeptical as hell about Duvall but for any doubters I reccomend you at least check the new version of this band out live before you fully decide on them

This link has a very small snippet of some new AIC music, and its a really bad ass Jerry riff at that

http://www.aliceinchains.com/blog.html

They do almost weekly updates of their in studio recording process. Given what bands forum we're on, its a nice 180 to see a band keeping their fans in the loop.

Edited by jkruk88

Regardless of that, Layne's voice put them in a league of their own in the grunge era. Alice in Chains had a lot of metal elements in that band which made it awesome. Mix that with one of the most unique voices ever, you get success. Sad how things ended though, all the true greats die young.

BTW, Alice in Chains will never be Alice in Chains without Layne, I doubt they even attempt to write new material with William DuVall.

You know Alice is making a new album ATM, don't you?

Oy, ThinkAboutYou, you going Soundwave or AIC's show at the Palais on the 27th of Feb?

Hopefully Palais if I can get tickets

I still have the 1993 Melbourne Alice In chains poster

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Yeah, I think I heard somewhere about it but didn't think it would happen.

Yeah, I think I heard somewhere about it but didn't think it would happen.

You thought wrong, homes.

We'll just see how good the material is. Personally i'd rather AIC continue without DuVall, and just have Cantrell do all the lead vocals.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
nowhere near your top 40? fuck man, i'd like to see that list.

Making a list is too hard actually. But I'll make a list with 50 bands I like better. In no particularly order... That's not my top 50 by the way. I was just trying to think of 50 band I liked better then Alice in Chains.

1. AC/DC

2. Beatles

3. Nirvana

4. Rolling Stones

5. The Kinks

6. Aerosmith

7. Guns N' Roses

8. Queen

9. The Doors

10. Alice Cooper

11. New York Dolls

12. The Who

13. Sex Pistols

14. The Stooges

15. Ramones

16. Misfits

17. WASP

18. Skid Row

19. Pearl Jam

20. Iron Butterfly

21. Red Hot Chili Peppers

22. Blind Melon

23. Velvet Revolver

24. Yes

25. Velvet Underground

26. Neil Young

27. Johnny Cash

28. Cream

29. Jimi Hendrix Experience

30. The Black Crows

31. Thin Lizzy

32. Molly Hatchet

33. Van Morrison

34. Camel

35. Pink Floyd

36. Nazareth

37. Lynyrd Skynyrd

38. Led Zeppelin

39. The Smiths

40. Slade

41. Grand Funk Railroad

42. Black Sabbath

43. Saxon

44. Helloween

45. Gamma Ray

46. Stratovarius

47. Kansas

48. Billy Idol

49. Dream Theater

50. Offspring

No Swedish bands included. This list could be longer. Alot longer...

Edit: Still, I really like AC. A really great band.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt