Why no love for the Black Crowes?

GUNSNROSES513

They really are so awesome

she talks to angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljcRx_VfOw thorn in my pride

no speak no slave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwR8F43Dnh0

come on they are so great. In the time of hair metal just ending and grunge was becoming a hit the Black Crowes were playing good old blues and southern rock. If anyone wants to get into them ask me for some songs and what to listen to and what not to listen to.

The Black Crowes rule!!! I love how every album--they always keep the moment alive. I haven't bought the full WARPAINT album yet--but bought several songs off iTunes. I think AMORICA is my fav. Ok, I think i have to go buy the new Warpaint album like, now! I keep meaning too...

They really are so awesome
she talks to angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljcRx_VfOw thorn in my pride

no speak no slave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwR8F43Dnh0

come on they are so great. In the time of hair metal just ending and grunge was becoming a hit the Black Crowes were playing good old blues and southern rock. If anyone wants to get into them ask me for some songs and what to listen to and what not to listen to.

They're awesome. My brother is a HUGE fan. I think he has seen them 25 times already, including the Jimmy Page shows. I am a fan. Great bluesy riffs as well.

I have loved these guys since they first came out in '89...my friends thought i was nuts for listening to them...Their first album is in my top ten favorites of all albums...anybody who played on it deserves a whole lot of respect...they toured 3 years on the first album alone...Did 2 Monsters of Rock on that album too...maybe the Moscow Peace Festival too...i think they were one of first bands to go to Moscow right after the Berlin Wall came down....

Guest deleted_19765

I've probably attempted to like these guys for the last time. Their debut is pretty good, and there are some good songs scattered throughout their discography, but they are really subpar as album artists, in my opinion. They just fall way short in the composition department, and they don't have a sound that's distinctive enough to make up for it. There was a time when I thought they would turn out to be one of my favorite bands.

Edited by AgainstAllOdds

Guest deleted_19765
they don't have a sound that's distinctive enough to make up for it.

I disagree with that. Listen to "A Conspiracy", "Remedy", & "Wiser Time" together and you will hear their distinctive sound.

Maybe so, but there isn't anything nearly as infectious as "Remedy" on Southern Harmony & Musical Companion. I can't really respect a rock band if one of their best albums is difficult for me to get through. I really like some things about them, and am disappointed that I'm even having to make this case, but so it is.

I don't like Amorica that much, I have not listened to the full thing but thats because its kinda annoying to me. But soon Im gonna listen to the few songs I haven't heard. Descending though is one of my favorite songs by them. By Your Side is pretty good but its kinda poppy. I was told not to listen to Lions by some Black Crowes fans but I think Im going to. Three Snakes, One Charm is really good I would rank it fourth.

I'm actually contemplating whether or not I should go see them live.

I only have their greatest hits cd, but I really like it.

Tickets go on sale this saturday and they'll be 50 euro's.

Should I?

Yes, but listen to every cd or familerize yourself first. Every setlist is different and you will be lucky to hear a big hit.

Listen to Southern Harmony first, then shake your money maker, then listen to either Amorica or Three Snakes one charm, then By Your Side or Lions. Then things get more complicated with raritys and b sides like their cd taller and the band sessions with are demos and b sides and all that. I haven't even listen to it yet becauase they have so many good songs it takes a while to hear then all. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

They are a difficult band to get into because if you want to see them live you will be disapointed unless you know most of their music.

Edited by GUNSNROSES513

I <3 The Black Crowes!

I saw them live for the first time last year and loved it! Lessee, a few of my favourite tunes by them are: 'Sometimes salvation' 'Remedy' (I always request this at this Classic Rock night I sometimes go to, it's great to dance to) 'My Morning song' 'Cursed diamond' 'She talks to angels (acoustic version)' and 'Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye'. Love them!

I've probably attempted to like these guys for the last time. Their debut is pretty good, and there are some good songs scattered throughout their discography, but they are really subpar as album artists, in my opinion. They just fall way short in the composition department, and they don't have a sound that's distinctive enough to make up for it. There was a time when I thought they would turn out to be one of my favorite bands.

I know what you mean, I had a hard time getting into these guys too. Theyre a good band though, my only issue is that there really isnt anything that gives them identity among other classic, blues-rock bands other than they existed through the 90's. Aside from that theyre just another classic rock band that playes laid back 70's rock n roll, which is cool cause they do it right.

Chris Robinson reminds me of the guy on the second Snakepit album

Edited by sweetness