Why no love for the Black Crowes?

GUNSNROSES513

Why no love? From me at least is bc they are completely unoriginal and basically just play really safe music they copied from the 70's that they know is going to be critically acclaimed.
and they're really good at it.

Agreed. I'll listen to them every now and then but never really got into them - not enough there to really grab me for sustained periods of time.

I know what you mean, I had a hard time getting into these guys too. Theyre a good band though, my only issue is that there really isnt anything that gives them identity among other classic, blues-rock bands other than they existed through the 90's. Aside from that theyre just another classic rock band that playes laid back 70's rock n roll, which is cool cause they do it right.

I agree, very well put.

I was listening to Lions earlier. I don't think its as bad as everyone thinks it is, but then I suppose I might have a bit of an attachment to it as I remember getting it when it first came out and I was first getting into classic rock.

Just Push Play by Aerosmith came out around the same time I think?

No attachment there.

Edited by Gash

I know what you mean, I had a hard time getting into these guys too. Theyre a good band though, my only issue is that there really isnt anything that gives them identity among other classic, blues-rock bands other than they existed through the 90's. Aside from that theyre just another classic rock band that playes laid back 70's rock n roll, which is cool cause they do it right.

I agree, very well put.

I was listening to Lions earlier. I don't think its as bad as everyone thinks it is, but then I suppose I might have a bit of an attachment to it as I remember getting it when it first came out and I was first getting into classic rock.

Just Push Play by Aerosmith came out around the same time I think?

No attachment there.

The first 6 songs of JPP are really good IMO.