Red Hot Chili Peppers

Guest deleted_19765

Guest deleted_19765

I think we can start to look at RHCP in a Rolling Stones kind of way. They are great writers, maybe not lyrically but in terms of hooks, they will always possess a unique chemistry together, they will never lose value as a live experience, and they just don't seem to be ready to make a bad album. They are just not going away. That being said, does anyone know the deal with this hiatus?

I've exhausted pretty much all of their 90s-2000s albums, I'll need to get their 80s albums next. I have a collection called "Unpublished Songs" and even that is fucking spectacular.

There are other bands I might have liked better at points in the last 20 years or so, but their endurance makes them the band of my lifetime so far, in my opinion.

They have really grown on me through the years

Outside of their ridiculous lyrics, Frusciante is a terrific player and their songs are quite catchy

I'm sick as hell of Californication and By the Way, but I still enjoy Arcadium quite a bit

Had all their records for quite some time and saw them live a couple of years back; they constantly impress me with their sound, it doesn't all sound the same but it's so distinctive you can tell it's them after a few seconds often. Right now I love Suck My Kiss, Especially In Michigan, Higher Ground, Pea, Wet Sand and Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but there's a long list of favourites.

John Frusciante's new solo record "The Empyrean" is pretty cool too, I'd recommend it to anyone, not just Chilis fans.

Guest deleted_19765
I really like all their albums, even my least favourite (Mother's Milk) is a good 6/10. You should check out their s/t debut and the follow-up, produced by George Clinton, Freaky Styley.

I've almost bought the latter about 900 times.

Guest deleted_19765

What I've heard of it sounds very promising. I should probably pick it up next time I'm somewhere with gift certificates to burn. I just buy so little nowadays.

They are my second favourite band, ever. Maybe even a tied 1st with GNR.

I love everything about them. John's harmony and guitar work is simply amazing, and Anthony's lyrics often have a very deep meaning to them; you just need to read them and think

Any band with Frusciante, Flea and Chad Smith gonna have some killer music and always put on a great live show. You'd be hard pressed to find another band with more talent at those positions. Kiedis' lyrics can be weak(understatement), but overall an excellent/underrated frontman who's proven he's a survivor and outlasted his critics.

Might be my fav:

An R&R HOF band for sure when they finally hang it up...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

An AMAZING Band. One of the best musically. Live they are awesome. I have loads of their B-sides and they took a request from a guy who won a competition and they hadn't played the song since 91 or some time, and rarely played it then, and they pulled it off, they recorded it and put it on a single.

Awesome band.

An AMAZING Band. One of the best musically. Live they are awesome. I have loads of their B-sides and they took a request from a guy who won a competition and they hadn't played the song since 91 or some time, and rarely played it then, and they pulled it off, they recorded it and put it on a single.

Awesome band.

I forgot about that.

Their B sides.. are absolutely amazing :lol: Like... if they picked the best, they could easily put together an amazing album.

Rivers of Avalon, Out of range, I'll be your domino, show me your soul. All amazing songs.

And yes, I do have every demo, alt versions and b sides available :lol:

Edited by JDRM

I saw them at Hampden, Glasgow in '07, they were a fucking great live band on that show, real tight versions of their songs but they still had some great jams and improvisation from Flea, Frusciante and Chad. Though if I remember correctly Frusciante used a wah pedal for almost every single solo that night and most of the jams, he seemed to be enjoying it a bit too much. :lol:

Agree with you about Live Earth, I saw the video and thought they were pretty poor there.

When I saw them at Live Earth, they were average.

But they had a gig that night to go to, plus one the night before, I'll excuse them. They, along with many others, had tech problems at the gig.

I saw them in Paris, which was the night before the Live Earth show, and they rocked!

Love the Chili's, great band :heart:

I like them, but I'm far from a big fan. I've heard everything they've done and imo they don't have an "amazing" album, a couple of very good/great ones though. John Frusciante's guitar playing is easily the best thing about the band, just a wonderful guitarist.

But they had a gig that night to go to, plus one the night before, I'll excuse them. They, along with many others, had tech problems at the gig.

I saw them in Paris, which was the night before the Live Earth show, and they rocked!

:angry: Damn you!

:angry: Damn you!

I'll make it up to you later *wiggles eyebrows in a suggestive way* :P

Edited by Guest