whats your favorite gnr stuff

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats double shotgin?

and ive seen the pretty tied up one like that for really cheap on ebay a couple times so i dunno how rare it is...

Neither are too rare. Double Shotgun is a live boot, can't recall the show off hand - it's on eBay about twice a year, doesn't sell for more then like $100 ever though from what I can recall.

Pretty Tied Up is one of the more common promos...IMO, the most common promo.

In all fariness to a noob, he did claim it was the rarest that "he has", not the rarest ever. I think we can give the benefit of the doubt since they're new.

Yes - I agree with you. I was just saying that IMO it's the most common promo (though I'm sure there's more common ones than this)

Nice topic! My fav. stuff from my personal collection:

- Steven Adler autographed pic

- Spaghetti incident all over print t-shirt

- Singles collection in vinyl and cd

- Italian cd bootleg "GNR tribute" Rock in rio 1991

- Japanese chinese democracy promo poster

- UYI 1992 Tour book

- Spanish magazine 1993 GNR special in Mexico

- Ticket from wembley stadium gig

- DVD bootleg collection

- Official Merchandise from the Mexico city 2007 concert

And the most important thing: The memories of the best moments in my life listening GNR!!!!!

I have... An apetite for destruction patch I sewed onto my guitar case.

All the albums and enough copies of all the albums that have literally lasted me the better part of a life time.

Except Chinese Democracy, I only own one copy of that.

I've had all the cassettes, I've had the Illusions on L.P.

Also You Could Be Mine, had acouple of copies of that on L.P, like one smaller one, one bigger, I think clear vynal.

I have a "The Spaghetti Inciddent!?" radio!

Tokyo show parts 1 & 2 aswell as the making to November Rain and Estranged videos, Welcome to the Videos and a limited edition one called Garden of Eden, on VHS.

I have... The same Tokyo show and Welcome to the Videos + Live in Chicago and a whole bunch of GN'R dvds I baught.

All on PAL format.

Oh yea, and Live & Let Die, CD Single.

Had two copies of Live Era' in my life and never needed/wanted that best of album.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Nahh I haven't seen one before - I think you got yourself an absolute bargain!!!

Yeah, the paper and ink would have cost more than that so good bet at that price it's not just a photocopy. :)

Surprised it went for so cheap. How high would you have gone?

Nahh I haven't seen one before - I think you got yourself an absolute bargain!!!

Yeah, the paper and ink would have cost more than that so good bet at that price it's not just a photocopy. :)

Surprised it went for so cheap. How high would you have gone?

well I see you're Skeptical

I checked against the published Slash book and I've noticed a few changes on some of the pages.

(Eg different words etc)

I'll have to spend hours checking it if I'm to be 100% certain it's an unedited manuscript

Maybe some time in the future I'll be bothered to do a full check

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

On the contrary,. not skeptical at all. I'm saying that it wouldn't have been worth if for somebody to photocopy, the sale price is less than the cost of the paper.

The seller probably got it for free from a publisher and just wanted to dump it. Probably got the real book, too.

Too bad they never did properly proof it. :tongue2: A mistake in the first sentence is pretty bad!! Especially when its the 'author's' birthplace. (And even I knew it was wrong as soon as I saw it. Slash was obviously not very into the project).

On the contrary,. not skeptical at all. I'm saying that it wouldn't have been worth if for somebody to photocopy, the sale price is less than the cost of the paper.

The seller probably got it for free from a publisher and just wanted to dump it. Probably got the real book, too.

Too bad they never did properly proof it. :tongue2: A mistake in the first sentence is pretty bad!! Especially when its the 'author's' birthplace. (And even I knew it was wrong as soon as I saw it. Slash was obviously not very into the project).

You would think books would be edited properly these days

Slash's book is still a good insight into the man and a pretty good read.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Yeah you would think books would be edited properly these days

It's still a good insight into the man

Yeah, obviously his point of view but good to know what he was thinking (or what he'd like us to think he was thinking). ;)

I still haven't read the Davis book, but same thing there. The very first 'press blurb' released said something about him being accused of raping an underage Michelle, the inspiration for My Michelle, which is horseshit. They were two different Michelles. :rolleyes:

New Stuff on the way

Vegas Shirt 010101

Guns-N-Roses-Live---New-Years-354708.jpg

2 Aus 1993 stickers

74f8_1.JPG

Some fan club stuff

244305374_tp.jpg

GNR Aus 1988 Bio

Guns_N_Roses_Bio_7.jpg

GNR Aus 1993 Sydney tour staff pass

8fb1_1.JPG

GNR illusion shirt (2nd of these shirts)

a7e3_0.JPG

GNR BestBuy Shirt(2nd of these shirts)

45f6_0.JPG

Adlers Appetite stuff

8d2e_1.JPG

Velvet Revolver Shirt

a697_1.JPG

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

New Stuff on the way

Vegas Shirt 010101

Guns-N-Roses-Live---New-Years-354708.jpg

2 Aus 1993 stickers

74f8_1.JPG

Some fan club stuff

244305374_tp.jpg

GNR Aus 1988 Bio

Guns_N_Roses_Bio_7.jpg

GNR Aus 1993 Sydney tour staff pass

8fb1_1.JPG

a7e3_0.JPG

GNR BestBuy Shirt(2nd of these shirts)

45f6_0.JPG

Adlers Appetite stuff

8d2e_1.JPG

Velvet Revolver Shirt

a697_1.JPG

Did you happen to get the Illusion tye dye shirt very recently from eBay?

New Stuff on the way

a7e3_0.JPG

Did you happen to get the Illusion tye dye shirt very recently from eBay?

Yes my 2nd one I purchased like 2 weeks ago it should arrive soon

The first shirt I purchased when the illusions came out in I think 1992

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I bid on that too, I really wished that I had bid more on it! I really think you got a good buy there because from the description and photo it looks like its in pristine condition especially for the price you paid in the end! The Vegas shirt is really awesome too!

Ive also got a question about LLAS vinyls. Ive been looking to buy one but Ive heard conflicting opinions on the appearance of fake and real copies. Most of the ones on ebay have a red R side label but Ive heard they are fake and that actual copies have a pink mauve color label which is a similar color to the roses on the sleeve. I don't know which to believe so if anyone knows for certain it would be much appreciated to help settle my mind before I part with my cash!

I bid on that too, I really wished that I had bid more on it! I really think you got a good buy there because from the description and photo it looks like its in pristine condition especially for the price you paid in the end! The Vegas shirt is really awesome too!

Ive also got a question about LLAS vinyls. Ive been looking to buy one but Ive heard conflicting opinions on the appearance of fake and real copies. Most of the ones on ebay have a red R side label but Ive heard they are fake and that actual copies have a pink mauve color label which is a similar color to the roses on the sleeve. I don't know which to believe so if anyone knows for certain it would be much appreciated to help settle my mind before I part with my cash!

From what I heard you are right the label is meant to be the same Color as the roses on front of the cover

Also I heard something about the gloss printing of the record shouldn't be to shiny because the record was made in the 80's

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...ve+like+suicide

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...ve+like+suicide

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

That really does throw a spanner in the works because I can't remember last time I saw a LLAS on eBay with a pink label... the market must be absolutely flooded with fakes. I was thinking about buying one listed on ebay at the moment which is sealed, its got an absolutely ridiculous buy it now price and comes from a place I deem to be reputable. But to be honest the way I see it with the amount of fakes its a very risky business buying a sealed copy and the only way Im going to have peace of mind in my purchase is if I buy an opened copy, because it seems the only way of telling if its fake is by looking at the vinyl itself, which is a shame because I like to buy sealed stuff...

Edited by griff1988