Ozzy's Music (Gone Downhill)

where's izzy?

Personally, I don't think Ozzy has made a phenominal record since No More Tears. He had some good songs like Perry Mason, Gets Me Through, Dreamer, ect. and Black Rain had maybe 3-4 decent songs but the rest sounded all the same. Overall though, his sound has really changed and not for the better. He has lost that epic quality.

I think some big reason for this is:

A: Lack of Bob Daisley bass and lyrics.

B: Zakk Wylde insists on diverting from his southern rock sound to tuning down to drop Z and chugging like any old Black Label Society album. For his solo stuff thats fine, but this is Ozzy, there must be some distinction between the music.

C: No Randy Castillo. (I know there's nothing he can do about that but still....)

Anyone else agree/disagree?

I disagree. (Could have seen that coming, huh?)

Out of Ozzmosis, Down To Earth, and Black Rain, the weakest one is probably... Ozzmosis.

It's a great album in my opinion, along with the other two, but it's probably the weakest, I think. Down To Earth was a really good, really heavy Ozzy album. And I don't see why people dislike Black Rain so much. I think it's Ozzy's best since No More Tears.

I know what you mean about Zakk and his guitar tuning, but Black Rain didn't sound like a BLS sounding album as much as Down To Earth did.

And as for Bob Daisley, I don't think that is a factor at all. Blasko is a great bassist, and in my opinion, the line up Ozzy has going now it obviously his heaviest since Sabbath, and his best since No More Tears.

I know what you mean about Zakk and his guitar tuning, but Black Rain didn't sound like a BLS sounding album as much as Down To Earth did.

it's funny you say that, because Down To Earth was not written by Zakk at all, but Black Rain was.

I think Bob Daisley brought quality writing to Ozzy's sound, something that has been lacking horribly since No More Tears...

It's probably because Ozzy's stuff has been ghost-written by producers for years.

Ozzy himself has contributed anything music or lyric wise since Sabbath. And the majority of the older stuff was written by Bob Daisly with minor contributions from whoever his guitarist was at the time. But now it's entirely suits saying "this will sell, play this"

it's funny you say that, because Down To Earth was not written by Zakk at all, but Black Rain was.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at, if anything. I was just stating something.

And as for Ozzy's sound, it's been changing since Blizzard of Ozz. Even Diary of a Madman has distinctive sound changes from Blizzard. From No More Tears to Black Rain, I think the sound has changed for the better. I personally don't love the heaviness of Down To Earth, but I don't exactly like the "softness" Ozzmosis somewhat has. Black Rain has a good sound to it I think, and I can only hope his new album can please me the same.

Edited by Black Sabbath

Who's fault is it for Ozzy's music going downhill???? It's Ozzy's fault.

If he can't make great music anymore, then he should quit. He shouldn't compromise himself just because people tell him to...and if it's for money - that's even worse. He has plenty of that.

He is a fun circus act for live shows, but beyond that...he should retire from recording. His last 2 albums were laughable IMO.

I am not saying his others weren't any good, I just think that No More Tears had a certain epic quality with Mr. Tinkertrain, SIN, Road to Nowhere, Hellraiser, Desire, and other non hits but still awesome songs, IMO.

Randy Castillo's drums played a big part in that though.

Fixed.

Woah! sorry about that. I feel retarded now.