New Stone Temple Pilots album in 2010

appetite4illusions

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually that was me the first time i heard scraped on the radio.

jk scraped has never been played on the radio.

Actually, I do recall several radio stations playing the whole album the day it came out. If we're gonna make claims, we should at least be factually accurate.

lol, Jackie Madison.

Ok.....back from the show. It was OK. Bulk of the setlist was from Core and Purple. Ummmm.......crowd surfed. Oh and the handful of new songs, I AM NOT THAT EXCITED ABOUT. Tell you why later. It's late.

...And you expected a better setlist? They don't change it up. Ever.

Ok.....back from the show. It was OK. Bulk of the setlist was from Core and Purple. Ummmm.......crowd surfed. Oh and the handful of new songs, I AM NOT THAT EXCITED ABOUT. Tell you why later. It's late.

Yeah, I noticed that. All they play is their hits. Why don't they play any of their deep tracks. The deepest track that they played was Lounge Fly,

Yeah, I noticed that. All they play is their hits. Why don't they play any of their deep tracks. The deepest track that they played was Lounge Fly,

Robert's said in the past that they play what most people want to hear. I mean, how many people that go to their shows want to hear Adhesive, or even Atlanta? Probably only the die-hard fans. I think '09 was as good as any post-reunion setlist will be; Silvergun Superman (Which was the best opener I can imagine), Lounge Fly, Army Ants (For the first time in 15 years), Seven Caged Tigers (Electric for the first time), Sin, and Unglued. I mean, at least you got to see Hollywood Bitch, I'd kill to hear anything off of SLDD (Although I've heard Too Cool Queenie and Coma on one occasion).

And I don't really consider Lounge Fly a deep cut anymore; it's more of a staple now. It's shaping up to be the 3rd straight year it'll be played at almost every show. Thank god for that though, it's one of my favorites.

I've just in the last month discovered STP. I have Core, Purple and Tiny Music and love all of them. Which should I get next?

Why not just go in order and get No.4 then Shangi-La-Dee-Da? After that.I'd get the Greatest Hits album Thank You but only the one with the DVD that has vids/live footage.

That's probably what I'll do. I don't want to get them all at once, it's not often I find a band I like this much, I don't want to whore the experience.

Anyone else digging the new song btw?

Robert's said in the past that they play what most people want to hear. I mean, how many people that go to their shows want to hear Adhesive, or even Atlanta? Probably only the die-hard fans. I think '09 was as good as any post-reunion setlist will be; Silvergun Superman (Which was the best opener I can imagine), Lounge Fly, Army Ants (For the first time in 15 years), Seven Caged Tigers (Electric for the first time), Sin, and Unglued. I mean, at least you got to see Hollywood Bitch, I'd kill to hear anything off of SLDD (Although I've heard Too Cool Queenie and Coma on one occasion).

And I don't really consider Lounge Fly a deep cut anymore; it's more of a staple now. It's shaping up to be the 3rd straight year it'll be played at almost every show. Thank god for that though, it's one of my favorites.

i was very happy to hear army ants, very good song.

silvergun superman was good but i really wanted them to open with crackerman.

i was very happy to hear army ants, very good song.

silvergun superman was good but i really wanted them to open with crackerman.

Eh, I wouldn't mind seeing them open with Crackerman, but it's been done to death in the past. I'd be okay with them doing it for a tour, but I don't want it to become the opener for the rest of their career, like it seemed it would in the 90's. They have so many songs which would work as openers. I'm still amazed how well it worked opening with Big Empty in '08; it didn't hit me how good an opener it was until I actually saw it in person. I'd also love to see them open with Meatplow again sometime, it sounded great the one time they played it last year.