New Stone Temple Pilots album in 2010

appetite4illusions

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.5 out of 10 :thumbsdown:

Really? I think it's great. It's got enough of a Core vibe to catch the nostalgic fans, but it's still original. I do agree with the people who say Dean's solo has a bit too much "Slash" to it. All in all, I think it's a solid choice for a comeback single!

Lounge Fly is back in the set!!! Here's the current setlist:

Vasoline

Crackerman

Wicked Garden

Hollywood Bitch

Between The Lines

Hickory Dichotomy

Big Empty

Sour Girl

Creep

Plush

Interstate Love Song

Bagman

Huckleberry Crumble

Sex Type Thing

Dead & Bloated

---

Lounge Fly

Piece Of Pie

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

I would so go see them if it weren't at that gay-ass MRBQ thing in Camden NJ. EFF that!

This song would be so good on Libertad. Put it after "The Last Fight" and get rid of Pills, Demons, altogether.

I don't know much about the event, but it's most definitely worth putting up with it to see them, especially if you haven't seen them live yet. They're most definitely in my top 5 live bands of all time.

I have seen them though, and it was fantastic, one of the best shows Ive ever been to (even though Scotty was clearly dancing with Mr. Brownstone). I don't want to shell out a ton of cash just to see them (Think there are four other bands and I have no interest in them). I'm too poor to pay that much just to see STP lol

I would so go see them if it weren't at that gay-ass MRBQ thing in Camden NJ. EFF that!

This song would be so good on Libertad. Put it after "The Last Fight" and get rid of Pills, Demons, altogether.

please never bring that song up again, ever.

the last fight was so good.

I love the song...and I agree with the people saying it sounds like libertad, it's got more of a vr vibe than stp for sure. Kind of reminds me of a mix of she builds and just sixteen.

It does sound like it came off of the Libertad cutting room floor. But I see that as the problem. It just sounds too generic for an STP song and not to mention, the lyrics are a bit corny. "when we used to take drugs".

oh shit here we go!

im going to have to side with STP here. i think slash is at his best in addition to something else. slash by himself just isnt enough to compete wth a package like stp.

if we separated it to the individual elements i.e. slash vs scott vs deleos, slash wins by 8.5 miles.

yeah, but you think iron maiden are a good band. lol

i like the new STP song, but both of Slash's new songs are simply better. :shrugs:

The talent is undeniable, the songwriting is all preference. I know a vast majority of people dislike them, and accept that most people's opinions on that band can't be swayed. ;)

I'll agree the guitar work on what we've heard from Slash is better; Dean just isn't a riffy type of guitarist, and most of his solos are mediocre at best. However his progressions are unmatched by anyone else IMO.

Agree to disagree?

Edited by Powerage5