Let's talk about Iron Maiden.

arnold layne

Are they a good band?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are good, as in, they can play.

Too bad everything they play sounds all too similar.

You are an idiot, compare Killers, Caught Somewhere In Time and A Matter Of Life And Death and tell me it sounds the same

Well OBVIOUSLY not all of their albums aren't going to sound the same, I was just generalising.

They are good, as in, they can play.

Too bad everything they play sounds all too similar.

You are an idiot, compare Killers, Caught Somewhere In Time and A Matter Of Life And Death and tell me it sounds the same

Well OBVIOUSLY not all of their albums aren't going to sound the same, I was just generalising.

Yes but dont because its not true atall, all of their albums have the core Maiden sound while sounding different enough as a whole, its just they have been generalised as sounding the same a bit like U2 have. Both bands have kept their core sound while mixing it up on every album!

Deffinitely my favorite band of all time. People who hate Maiden only hate them because they never gave them a proper chance. Sure, a lot of the "hits" are cliche, but the deeper you get into their stuff the better it is. The only albums I don't like are the Blaze albums, he only had a handful of good songs. They're always a good concert, and even if you don't like them a lot, you should go to one of their shows, you won't regret it.

Here's to waiting for the next album!

I play in a covers band on the weekends.

We set up early afternoon so that when our gigs start we can just turn up and crank it up. I walked into the bar and saw a guy who looked a lot like the guitarist from Iron Maiden. He was surrounded by people...cool.

Turned out it was Janick Gers. Maiden played a concert here on Sunday night. I got to play guitar in front of the guitarist from Maiden!!! He was cool as fuck and at one stage jumped up on stage and pretended to fiddle with the knobs on my amp just for a laugh. I offered him my guitar but he just wanted to chill out and have a good time. He was there when we arrived (10:15pm or so) and stayed the whole night until we left (around 3:00am). He spent the whole time talking to the drunk idiots in the bar and taking hundreds (literally) of photos with people. No ego or anything even though he is a rock god, just loads of patience and generosity to his fans.

He even made me feel relaxed about playing (my inferior version of) guitar in front of him. Awesome night and a fucking awesome guy.

I'm a bit disapointed in Dickinson - left hand path and all, he has taken it a bit too far.

could you elaborate on that a little for me?

Greetings Artfromtex

It is well known that Dickinson was into the occult - watch the lyrics from seventh son of a seventh son (777) lyrics from powerslave etc, great admirer of Crowley , i heard he made a movie based on him too. I just think that these dark and satanic doctrines that he is following isn't good for him (or anybody else for that matter). I'm not talking about the very misanderstood Goetia, there are other scarier things around than demonized Gods of ancient worlds. The band Therion have also admitted that they practise satanic rituals too.

On well .. some people never learn .

PS. I just noticed that i wrote disapointed instead of disappointed !!! Shame on me !! :)

Edited by BelladonaAtropina

I'm a bit disapointed in Dickinson - left hand path and all, he has taken it a bit too far.

Greetings Artfromtex

It is well known that Dickinson was into the occult - watch the lyrics from seventh son of a seventh son (777) lyrics from powerslave etc, great admirer of Crowley , i heard he made a movie based on him too. I just think that these dark and satanic doctrines that he is following isn't good for him (or anybody else for that matter). I'm not talking about the very misanderstood Goetia, there are other scarier things around than demonized Gods of ancient worlds. The band Therion have also admitted that they practise satanic rituals too.

PS. I just noticed that i wrote disapointed instead of disappointed !!! Shame on me !! :)

You do realise its Steve Harris who writes the majority of the lyrics and themes for songs, not Bruce

They both do , Smith writes too, Murray has written a few also, so what ? Where did i say that Dickinson is the only lyricist ????

You implied it

No i didn't and if you are into hidden messages in posts etc then i suggest you join david icke forums and get off my back.

I am not on your back so sorry if you feel that way.

You say that Powerslave and 777 deal with the occult which could be true but the lyrics dont really imply that.

On Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Lyrically, the album centers around some main philosophical ideas: good vs. evil, mysticism, prophetic vision, reincarnation and afterlife. Almost all the album includes direct or indirect references to questions regarding to these concepts and poetically refers the answers.

Regarding Powerslave that also doesnt deal with the Occult greatly, Aces High is about War Dogfights, 2 Mins is about the Doomsday Clock, Flash Of The Blade is about a boy wishing he was St. George or David chasing dragons. Powerslave is about Bruce's views on the music industry and Rime of the Ancient Mariner is based on a poem which the song follows word for word more or less.

They both do , Smith writes too, Murray has written a few also, so what ? Where did i say that Dickinson is the only lyricist ????

You implied it

No i didn't and if you are into hidden messages in posts etc then i suggest you join david icke forums and get off my back.

I am not on your back so sorry if you feel that way.

You say that Powerslave and 777 deal with the occult which could be true but the lyrics dont really imply that.

On Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. Lyrically, the album centers around some main philosophical ideas: good vs. evil, mysticism, prophetic vision, reincarnation and afterlife. Almost all the album includes direct or indirect references to questions regarding to these concepts and poetically refers the answers.

Regarding Powerslave that also doesnt deal with the Occult greatly, Aces High is about War Dogfights, 2 Mins is about the Doomsday Clock, Flash Of The Blade is about a boy wishing he was St. George or David chasing dragons. Powerslave is about Bruce's views on the music industry and Rime of the Ancient Mariner is based on a poem which the song follows word for word more or less.

You both have valid points. On one hand, very little of what he mentioned in the OP deals with the occult, the closest being Moonchild which heavily derives from Crowley's works. However, the overall theme of SSOASS is indeed good vs. evil. Other songs such as Revelations also deal with the occult. While both were written by Bruce, he doesn't practice any occult, it is merely a topic which interests him.

Greetings Artfromtex

thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Powerage5 explained it perfectly about the lyrics etc. It was the era such that many metal bands dealt with the occult in one way or another, Dio, Ozzy and others.

he doesn't practice any occult, it is merely a topic which interests him.

hhmmm i don't expect him to openly admit it (like Therion did for example) but there has been talk in occult circles that he is a very familiar face and these circles don't gossip ...