Let's talk about Iron Maiden.

arnold layne

Are they a good band?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Powerage5 explained it perfectly about the lyrics etc. It was the era such that many metal bands dealt with the occult in one way or another, Dio, Ozzy and others.
he doesn't practice any occult, it is merely a topic which interests him.

hhmmm i don't expect him to openly admit it (like Therion did for example) but there has been talk in occult circles that he is a very familiar face and these circles don't gossip ...

I don't know, he may have experimented it a bit in the 80's possibly, but I don't really see it happening in more recent years. Everyone will believe what they want though, no sense arguing over it. I would say however that he would be the most likely occult practicee out of anyone in Maiden.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...

Blast from the past. I don't know Powerage5's opinion has changed one bit. :lol:

I voted for the first option.

Hasn't changed, just intensified. Never would've thought when I posted that that I'd have seen them 26 times in the following 3 years, with 12 more planned :lol:

They are not really my type of music - I prefer the bluesier rock n' roll style of bands like the Stones, Appetite era GN'R and the 50s geezers - but they put on a great concert (I can vouch for this personally) and have some fantastic guitarists. Their fanbase also must be tickled-pink as Maiden treat their fans like golddust by releasing loads of stuff (live albums/dvds, books, documentaries)

Powerage, are Maiden forums happy places in comparison to GN'R forums where everything descends into, 'Axl v Slash' and the fanbase are perpetually disapointed?

They are not really my type of music - I prefer the bluesier rock n' roll style of bands like the Stones, Appetite era GN'R and the 50s geezers - but they put on a great concert (I can vouch for this personally) and have some fantastic guitarists. Their fanbase also must be tickled-pink as Maiden treat their fans like golddust by releasing loads of stuff (live albums/dvds, books, documentaries)

Powerage, are Maiden forums happy places in comparison to GN'R forums where everything descends into, 'Axl v Slash' and the fanbase are perpetually disapointed?

The only Maiden forum I post on is the official Fan Club forum. We still find stuff to bitch about, but compared to a GN'R forum it's the happiest place on Earth :lol: Some of the current bitching trends on the FC forum:

- Why aren't Maiden doing a British leg of the Maiden England tour?

- Why aren't they playing Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour?

- Why has Maiden taken 8 months to announce all of the dates for the 2013 leg of the tour? (This one I must admit is truly a legitimate problem, it's been such a fucking pain in the ass for everyone to plan their tour plans when they announce the shows so sporadically)

- Why isn't Maiden England available on Blu Ray?

- Why aren't Maiden playing Florida in 2013?

In other words, we're nitpicking compared to on the GN'R forums :lol: