Mötley Crüe thread

Revolver281

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DO NOT RESPOND TO ROBO AXL'S POSTS

Of course not, the guy's a first class tool.

On topic, anybody else like the Crue's "You're All I Need"

Fucking great ballad type song, with some seriously messed up lyrics. Gives it a really weird vibe, but I like it.

I love that song. It's based off Nikki's relationship with his ex-girlfriend Nicole. Nikki suspected her of cheating on him with Jack Wager (even though he cheated constantly on tour) who had a hit song called You're All I Need, and wrote his own version of the song as some form of revenge.

Yeah, I read that. Jack Wagner the actor guy I believe.

Vince's voice sounds great in this track and really works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7puCHAEZkRY (Video was actually banned from MTV when released)

Dr. Feelgood is one of the greatest albums ever

say wat

It really is, the title track, Kickstart my heart, without you, don't go away mad.

Some really great cuts on that album. It's not pet sounds or Blonde on Blonde but it rocks, awesome driving album.

The production is good, and "Kickstart My Heart" is a good tune, but that's the only positive things I have to say about this album. It's cheesy as fuck, the lyrics are ridiculously bad, and it's filled with silly clichés. It's definitely not Pet Sounds or Blonde on Blonde.

Kickstart My Heart seems to be so popular. For some reason I don't like it at all. It's no less cheesy and cliche filled than the rest of that album, IMO, but there are definitely some great tunes on there. My favourite Crue song would have to be Don't Go Away Mad. I like maybe ten of their songs in total, and find the rest to be pretty uninteresting, though to be fair I haven't heard their entire catalogue. I haven't even listened to Dr. Feelgood in full, but now that I'm thinking about it I may pick this album up tomorrow.

Fucking great ballad type song, with some seriously messed up lyrics. Gives it a really weird vibe, but I like it.

Listening to it now. I like it. Is this new? It feels like a Meatloaf song or something.

Edit: watching the video on You Tube, guess it can't be new as Vince is still thin.

Edited by KBear

Dr. Feelgood is one of the greatest albums ever

say wat

It really is, the title track, Kickstart my heart, without you, don't go away mad.

Some really great cuts on that album. It's not pet sounds or Blonde on Blonde but it rocks, awesome driving album.

The production is good, and "Kickstart My Heart" is a good tune, but that's the only positive things I have to say about this album. It's cheesy as fuck, the lyrics are ridiculously bad, and it's filled with silly clichés. It's definitely not Pet Sounds or Blonde on Blonde.

Kickstart My Heart seems to be so popular. For some reason I don't like it at all. It's no less cheesy and cliche filled than the rest of that album, IMO, but there are definitely some great tunes on there. My favourite Crue song would have to be Don't Go Away Mad. I like maybe ten of their songs in total, and find the rest to be pretty uninteresting, though to be fair I haven't heard their entire catalogue. I haven't even listened to Dr. Feelgood in full, but now that I'm thinking about it I may pick this album up tomorrow.

i suggest picking it up, pretty awesome cd and its their best one, imo. tons of great songs, Dr Feelgood, Dont Go Away Mad, Without You... its really good

Listening to it now. I like it. Is this new? It feels like a Meatloaf song or something.

Edit: watching the video on You Tube, guess it can't be new as Vince is still thin.

haha, that made me laugh.

Absolutley love that song. The melody and vocals are incredible. Wild Side and that song made that album worthy.

Wow nice to see so many Crue fans. For the guy saying the Dirt is all about drama: Thats what Motley Crue's all about. You'll hear it in interviews again and again. Motley Crue is made up of four completly different individuals with different backgrounds. Tommy the hyper teen, Vince who likes to race and hang in cigar clubs, Nikki who's always been sort of a street kid and a rock star, and Mick, the enigma. I really don't know what to say about him but he's highly amusing. But when you put them together you get Motley Crue, and that's where the magic is at.

Also: don't get what's up with everyone and the first two albums. They're good no doubt. TFFL is ridiculously dated though and Crue are far from their prime. Take Me to the Top is a good song though, and Livewire is epic. SATD is where it's at really at. No need to explain why, it's miles better than their debut. But again, other than the remixed title track, really dated.

But Dr.Feelgood by far is their best. Forget the lyrics. Incredible music, Outstanding production, and the fact that they just got clean adds that extra twist that makes that album by far their best. As Nikki Sixx said in The Dirt: "I finally wanted to make an album that I was proud of"

Robo Axl: Go blow Axl will you? maybe you'll sue him for spousal abuse or some shit and make us all happy.

I've always thought the songs were usually good to great, their live shows were fun, and are still able to put on a good live show. Not a big fan of theirs but I can see why people like them, and respect what it took for them to become successful.

The guy who wrote "The Dirt" (Neil Strauss) wrote some great books, the ones about Marilyn Manson and Dave Navarro did were good, and gained some fame in his own right for being a self proclaimed pick up artist master ("The Game", not about the rapper) and cashed in on that. Good for him...it must have sucked watching Navarro and Tommy getting women just standing there, and every now and then I see his name in Rolling Stone interviewing someone. If someone was going to write a good authorized GNR bio he'd be on the short list.

TFFL is ridiculously dated though

man, i respectfully disagree.

to be "dated" it has to sound like alot of other stuff from the same time period. for example when you hear "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" you know it's mid-80's pop. what does TFFL remind you of that screams 1982? or even early 80's hard rock?

i can't think of anything that mixes elements of punk, metal, and pop-rock the way TFFL does. it's so raw and real. songs like "Starry Eyes" and "Take Me To The Top" are so melodic, yet raw and rockin'. you can really hear ambition and passion in those songs.

sonically the album is fantastic (the Elektra version). on a good system it sounds like they're in your living room.

also, i love that they're are two version of the album and they each have their own charm and identity.

Edited by artfromtex

TFFL is ridiculously dated though

man, i respectfully disagree.

to be "dated" it has to sound like alot of other stuff from the same time period. for example when you hear "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" you know it's mid-80's pop. what does TFFL remind you of that screams 1982? or even early 80's hard rock?

i can't think of anything that mixes elements of punk, metal, and pop-rock the way TFFL does. it's so raw and real. songs like "Starry Eyes" and "Take Me To The Top" are so melodic, yet raw and rockin'. you can really hear ambition and passion in those songs.

sonically the album is fantastic (the Elektra version). on a good system it sounds like they're in your living room.

also, i love that they're are two version of the album and they each have their own charm and identity.

I agree. TFFL has always been my favorite Crue album, and is one of my favorite albums of all time. The production is nearly perfect, yet the album is so raw. Not to mention it has some of the most underrated Crue songs: Public Enemy #1, Starry Eyes, On With The Show, and Toast Of The Town (Ok, it was bonus track on the reissue, but it's still possibly the best song on the album.)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

They've done some good songs. Loved them when I was 13. Haven't listened to them more than maximum three times the last 4 years however (If you don't take in all the times Girls, Girls, Girls or something like that has been on when I've been to a club.). Not a favourite anymore.