Mötley Crüe thread

Revolver281

Nice, Crue fans. It's really cool to see all these old school fans who saw Motley in their prime. Theirs diffenetly a mistique about them in the 80's. Everytime someone mentions them as just another hair metal bands, I have to remind them that they were original, genuine, and started the whole movement. Slash mentions in his book that they were the only band Guns ever respected and worked with on a proffesional level. Their music is actually good though, everything except Theatre of Pain and Genration Swine. Girls Girls Girls had its moment, Wildside and You're All I Need are incredible. But by far, better than TFFL and SATD is Dr.Feelgood. No need to explain why, they had finnaly cleaned up and showed they actually were more than Poison, Warrant, etc.

Ps. Lithium, Nirvana fan boy, the Crue might not be to your taste, but Dr Feelgood isn't a shit album. Dr Feelgood, KMH, Without You, Don't Go Away Mad, and others might sound cheesy, but if you listen to the music, it's much more fun that slitting your wrists to Cobain screaming 'hello' again and again.

lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps. Lithium, Nirvana fan boy, the Crue might not be to your taste, but Dr Feelgood isn't a shit album. Dr Feelgood, KMH, Without You, Don't Go Away Mad, and others might sound cheesy, but if you listen to the music, it's much more fun that slitting your wrists to Cobain screaming 'hello' again and again.

lol

First off, I love how ignorant fools like yourself always label me as the Nirvana-fan boy of the forum when I haven't really been one since my early teens, and get all defensive and use that against me whenever I write something you don't like. Secondly, please direct me to the part of my post where I described Dr. Feelgood as a "shit album". Read through my post properly and stop throwing childish insults concerning Nirvana towards me, and I might find it worthwhile to actually engage in a serious discussion with you.

lol

Edited by Lithium

lol

First off, I love how ignorant fools like yourself always label me as the Nirvana-fan boy of the forum when I haven't really been one since my early teens, and get all defensive and use that against me whenever I write something you don't like. Secondly, please direct me to the part of my post where I described Dr. Feelgood as a "shit album". Read through my post properly and stop throwing childish insults concerning Nirvana towards me, and I might find it worthwhile to actually engage in a serious discussion with you.

lol

Oh shit now it's getting all logical. Can't be bothered, take care.

it should be mandatory reading in schools if you ask me. It's incredible what kind of shit these guys stired up, there is almost anything you could possibly imagine in there.

Haha! While it was indeed a GREAT book, that idea probably wouldn't go over too well. After I read it, I borrow it to my GF (one of the many people I have converted into Crue fans). She started reading the first page like, instantly. She got to the bottom of page one, the part where Tommy (I think it was Tommy...) talking, saying that everyone loved "Bullwinkle" because she could "spray her cum across the room" or something like that. She put the book down and said something like, "I'll continue later."

Great band. Cruefest last year kicked ass. Too bad it ain't coming to Canada this year.

i grew up with Motley Crue being my heroes. posters on the wall, collected every magazine (Circus, Hit Parader, Metal Edge, etc). seen 'em live 12 times. my very first concert was a Crue show on Oct. 2nd, 1985, the night they shot the original "Home Sweet Home" video (footage was also shot 2 nights later in Houston).

now that i'm 36, i still have a big place in my heart for them. i really like the SOLA album. it's the best album they've done since Dr. Feelgood.

over the years my opinion on their music has changed somewhat. i still view Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil as 5-Star classics. they are among my very favorite albums of all time. Shout used to be my fave, followed by Too Fast, but over the years Too Fast For Love has become my favorite Crue album.

i have soured a little bit on their "pop metal" stuff; the Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood albums aren't as good to me now as they were then. too produced, too lightweight and now that the truth has come out, not alot of effort went into to any album after the first two, and Dr. Feelgood. i actually like Theatre Of Pain more than GGG or Dr. F now.

i really don't like calling Motley Crue "hair metal". kids that weren't around when it was all happening seem to think of Motley as just one of the hundreds of look-alike, sound-alike bands. Motley Crue were the band that everyone in hard rock/metal was trying to copy from 83-88 or so. just because the imitators sucked it shouldn't tarnish Motley Crue's image.

But there was a Glam band before them, I think. I can't remember if it was Saxon or someone else... :unsure:

i grew up with Motley Crue being my heroes. posters on the wall, collected every magazine (Circus, Hit Parader, Metal Edge, etc). seen 'em live 12 times. my very first concert was a Crue show on Oct. 2nd, 1985, the night they shot the original "Home Sweet Home" video (footage was also shot 2 nights later in Houston).

now that i'm 36, i still have a big place in my heart for them. i really like the SOLA album. it's the best album they've done since Dr. Feelgood.

over the years my opinion on their music has changed somewhat. i still view Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil as 5-Star classics. they are among my very favorite albums of all time. Shout used to be my fave, followed by Too Fast, but over the years Too Fast For Love has become my favorite Crue album.

i have soured a little bit on their "pop metal" stuff; the Girls Girls Girls and Dr. Feelgood albums aren't as good to me now as they were then. too produced, too lightweight and now that the truth has come out, not alot of effort went into to any album after the first two, and Dr. Feelgood. i actually like Theatre Of Pain more than GGG or Dr. F now.

i really don't like calling Motley Crue "hair metal". kids that weren't around when it was all happening seem to think of Motley as just one of the hundreds of look-alike, sound-alike bands. Motley Crue were the band that everyone in hard rock/metal was trying to copy from 83-88 or so. just because the imitators sucked it shouldn't tarnish Motley Crue's image.

But there was a Glam band before them, I think. I can't remember if it was Saxon or someone else... :unsure:

there were a few others (very few) trying the glam thing but they weren't very good and as a result, weren't very successful. even Nikki's band London that pre-dated Motley Crue were glam. the glam thing in the 70's died and everything went punk and new wave. Motley were one of a few bands trying to bring it back, but it was a whole new beast. it was a mixture of elements; glam, punk, metal, power-pop (a la Cheap Trick and the Raspberries).

pop Too Fast For Love on and tell me that there was ANYTHING remotely close to that at that time.

btw, Saxon was a New Wave of British Metal band. very Spinal Tap-ish. latched on to every fad that came down the pike. they started out in the late 70's, but they weren't glammy until the Crue busted out. if you want to credit someone for doing the same thing at the same time as the Crue and doing it well, then give credit to Blackie Lawless.

Edited by artfromtex

lol

lol

Oh shit now it's getting all logical. Can't be bothered, take care.

Lol so you start a fight and just quit because it gets 'logical'?

Would you rather it be retarded? lol

I'm just too lazy dude. Apologies Lithium, out of line. Whatever

there were a few others (very few) trying the glam thing but they weren't very good and as a result, weren't very successful. even Nikki's band London that pre-dated Motley Crue were glam. the glam thing in the 70's died and everything went punk and new wave. Motley were one of a few bands trying to bring it back, but it was a whole new beast. it was a mixture of elements; glam, punk, metal, power-pop (a la Cheap Trick and the Raspberries).

pop Too Fast For Love on and tell me that there was ANYTHING remotely close to that at that time.

btw, Saxon was a New Wave of British Metal band. very Spinal Tap-ish. latched on to every fad that came down the pike. they started out in the late 70's, but they weren't glammy until the Crue busted out. if you want to credit someone for doing the same thing at the same time as the Crue and doing it well, then give credit to Blackie Lawless.

W.A.S.P were the kings of the early 80's. :lol:

Anyone watched Carnival of Sins DVD? From what I've seen on youtube it's absolutley epic. Anyone got a good torrent that works of the whole DVD? Much appreciated

I was just gonna post that I was watching Carnival on youtube, pretty great stuff. The performance of Kickstart My Heart from that is the fucking epitome of how a rock show should be done!

Edited by Johnny Utah

Anyone watched Carnival of Sins DVD? From what I've seen on youtube it's absolutley epic. Anyone got a good torrent that works of the whole DVD? Much appreciated

I was just gonna post that I was watching Carnival on youtube, pretty great stuff. The performance of Kickstart My Heart from that is the fucking epitome of how a rock show should be done!

Definitley agree. But two you absolutley must watch are Dr.Feelgood and the opener, Shout at the Devil. Incredible beggining. By the way: those who said they were going to Crue concerts, how was it?

DO NOT RESPOND TO ROBO AXL'S POSTS

Of course not, the guy's a first class tool.

On topic, anybody else like the Crue's "You're All I Need"

Fucking great ballad type song, with some seriously messed up lyrics. Gives it a really weird vibe, but I like it.

Edited by Johnny Utah

saw them on monday night for the first time at the Garden.........what a fukkin amazing show! Nikki Sixx is the fukkin man!!!!! great setlist,hot chicks everywhere,great stage set up! felt like i was back in the 80's....... they played for fukkin 2 hrs straight!

hinder wasnt that bad, they were actually pretty good.

had a blast!

LONG LIVE ROCK N ROLL

DO NOT RESPOND TO ROBO AXL'S POSTS

Of course not, the guy's a first class tool.

On topic, anybody else like the Crue's "You're All I Need"

Fucking great ballad type song, with some seriously messed up lyrics. Gives it a really weird vibe, but I like it.

I love that song. It's based off Nikki's relationship with his ex-girlfriend Nicole. Nikki suspected her of cheating on him with Jack Wager (even though he cheated constantly on tour) who had a hit song called You're All I Need, and wrote his own version of the song as some form of revenge.