No More Albums on the Horizon

Robo Axl

You didn't understand a thing I posted did you? I'll respond again, and try to make it clearer for you.

First of all, who the fuck is Jim Bob? Your ex who left you after your passionate lover affair with Bono "Bozo" the clown?

This comment was stupid as hell. I don't care if you edited it, you still said it.

Bland? Haha. Even critics who DISLIKE Chinese Democracy don't say it's bland, they say it's over-produced and unfocused.

What point are you trying to make here? The way I read it, both 'bland' and 'over-produced and unfocused' are harsh criticisms of music. Do you think that one is not as bad as the other?

As a wise man once said "the truth is the truth hurts" - that's all I can say about my low rating, cocksucker.

Again, I can't make out what you mean here. It reads like your admitting that you hate having a low rating.

"The truth is" - people on this website don't like me.

"the truth hurts" - I'm hurt because of this.

Media means nothing. As I said in another thread, Axl doesn't feed the media their filthy gruel, Bono (and Slash for that matter) bends over backwards to accomodate 'em.

As a result, Bono and Slash are two of the most well-loved and well-respected musicians of our times. It's ok to play the game once in a while.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This comment was stupid as hell. I don't care if you edited it, you still said it.

Of course the comment was stupid - see me denying it? No. I just find it amusing how far up Bono's ass RnR (and you) are and how you and him have both accused me of being Jim Bob. I don't know who the fuck Jim Bob is. It's almost as if you want me to be him.

What point are you trying to make here? The way I read it, both 'bland' and 'over-produced and unfocused' are harsh criticisms of music. Do you think that one is not as bad as the other?

I'm opposing the specific accusation that Chinese Democracy is bland and boring, it's not a matter of which criticism is more damning than another. If he had said that Chinese Democracy was "over-produced and unfocused", I wouldn't have raised the issue as I can certainly see someone who dislikes the album making that argument. But like it or not you cannot brand such an eclectic and weird album as CD boring.

Again, I can't make out what you mean here. It reads like your admitting that you hate having a low rating.

"The truth is" - people on this website don't like me.

"the truth hurts" - I'm hurt because of this.

Let me spell it out for you - people like you and your friend RnR find the truth about GNR etc to be repugnant and malodorous. I'm spreading the truth. Hence you give me low ratings and leave lame messages on my profile. :) Thus, the truth is the truth hurts people like you. :)

As a result, Bono and Slash are two of the most well-loved and well-respected musicians of our times. It's ok to play the game once in a while.

I'm pretty sure Bono is widely percieved as a pretentious cocksucker. Slash does seem like a cool guy but his musical talents are pretty questionable considering his poor output post GNR. I think media-whoring is his way of gaining relevance again.

Edited by Robo Axl

1) Robo Axl is obviously a cousin fucking idiot, don't pay any attention to him.

2) Randy Lahey needs to get over his obsession with If The World, I like it for the most part but it's not nearly as good as he constantly makes it out to be.

Ironic coming from a guy called "Utah" and who has a picture of some talentless hack from "Tennessee" in his avatar.

Also - and I'm just going by your profile pic - are you that kid from Deliverance?

Edited by Robo Axl

1) Robo Axl is obviously a cousin fucking idiot, don't pay any attention to him.

2) Randy Lahey needs to get over his obsession with If The World, I like it for the most part but it's not nearly as good as he constantly makes it out to be.

Ironic coming from a guy called "Utah" and who has a picture of some talentless hack from "Tennessee" in his avatar.

Dude, if you wanted to look up talented hack, I'd suggest looking up Axl Rose in the dictionary.

If you wanted to look up "best front-man of all time", I'd suggest looking up Bono. Not to mention he's sexy as hell. :wub:

Dude, if you wanted to look up talented hack, I'd suggest looking up Axl Rose in the dictionary.

If you wanted to look up "best front-man of all time", I'd suggest looking up Bono. Not to mention he's sexy as hell. :wub:

I agree with the bolded part.

I agree with the bolded part.

No dude, Axl's a gimmick. Everyone can run around on stage wearing biker shorts and screaming like a three year old, and bite security guards. It takes a real musician to sing such classics like what Bono has done.

No dude, Axl's a gimmick. Everyone can run around on stage wearing biker shorts and screaming like a three year old, and bite security guards. It takes a real musician to sing such classics like what Bono has done.

Stick to the U2 boards then.

Oh, and wearing sunglasses indoors/constantly preaching practices etc doesn't seem gimmicky to you?

Oh, and wearing sunglasses indoors/constantly preaching practices etc doesn't seem gimmicky to you?

"I have very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day. My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. So it's part vanity, it's part privacy and part sensitivity."

-Bono in Rolling Stone

Nothing wrong with using his popularity for a good cause.

"I have very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day. My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. So it's part vanity, it's part privacy and part sensitivity."

-Bono in Rolling Stone

Also correct me if I am wrong but doesnt Axl wear sunglasses onstage when he plays?

-Bono in Rolling Stone

You actually believe that? :rofl-lol: It's just another example of his pretentious attitude.

Sure, if you practice what you preach. Bono has a fucking tax shelter in Holland to maximise his profits. How much is he personally doing for charity?

-Bono in Rolling Stone

You actually believe that? :rofl-lol: It's just another example of his pretentious attitude.

Sure, if you practice what you preach. Bono has a fucking tax shelter in Holland to maximise his profits. How much is he personally doing for charity?

Well, there's the ONE Campaign, DATA, EDUN, Product Red...

Seriously, these guys are washed up... No Line is a total mess of an album. The songs don't seem to fit together, the atmosphere of the music leaves the listener feeling cold, the music is a mess, the lyrics are cringe-worthy. Moment of Surrender is a great track but it's the sole bright spot on an otherwise awful, awful album.

It's incredibly amusing to see reviewers scoring this album highly based solely on U2's status as the media's darling. If this were a debut or, let's say, the GNR comeback album it would be ridiculed ad-infinitum. U2 have done nothing since Achtung Baby. Retire guys. You've gone from "One" to "Get on Your Boots" and "Magnificent". :rofl-lol:

You could have just posted this particular opinion on the existing 'No Line On The Horizon' thread. Though, obviously, you could care less about civility. It seems that you delight yourself with people's abhorrence for your lack of understanding and politesse.

You reek the fine scent of a cupcake.