Next Guns N Roses?

War-Lord

a7x is horrible

How so?? Have u ever actually seen them? I dout it, just another wannabe hater claiming to dislike current bands who are ahead of the pack.

As good as GNR? Obviously not. Good? Yes.

They were horrible when I saw them open for Guns in 2006, and I kinda liked them back then... I've heard that they're better live nowadays though. Bullet For My Valentine were far worse though (and I digged a few of their singles).

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
a7x is horrible

How so?? Have u ever actually seen them? I dout it, just another wannabe hater claiming to dislike current bands who are ahead of the pack.

They were horrible when I saw them open for Guns in 2006, and I kinda liked them back then... I've heard that they're better live nowadays though. Bullet For My Valentine were far worse though (and I digged a few of their singles).

Oh I remembered when I was at that concert and I really hated the two bands that played before them. Two of the worst shit-bands I've ever heard, and definitely the worst I've seen live.

a7x is horrible

Oh I remembered when I was at that concert and I really hated the two bands that played before them. Two of the worst shit-bands I've ever heard, and definitely the worst I've seen live.

Well I have the Avenged Sevenfold Live in Long Beach DVD and it's pretty kickass and everybody in the crowd seems to be having a fucking good time. So I don't know what the deal is.

But any band that writes songs like "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1" "Seize The Day" "Almost Easy" "Gunslinger" "Unholy Confessions" "AFterlife" "Bat Country" etc, etc, etc ----I'm a fan of.

Edited by Johnny Utah

A7X is clearly the closest thing to the "Next Guns N' Roses", theyre modernized Hard Rock in a nutshell. The way their albums progress is very similar to that of GNRs discography, they have a good balance of ballads and rockers, their lead guitarist plays very melodic and soulful solos, hell even their banner imagery is heavily influenced if not totally ripped off from GNR. Skull versions of the band members heads wearing aviators and bandannas n shit, haha, that was their banner design when I saw em in November

The only thing they dont have is a solid blues base, their roots are in metal and punk, but they're the closest thing to an act like Guns N' Roses out there. That said, I like em for who they are anyways, really a great band of talented musicians

Edited by sweetness

I'm telling you people The White Stripes fit this criteria. Fuck Avenged Sevenfold, their music fucking sucks.

No, I'm not gonna hate on The White Stripes because I think they're decent, but Avenged Sevenfold doesn't suck.

Quit being an idiot and go check out Avenged Sevenfold "Gunslinger" Live at Long Beach on youtube.

This band from sweden, Snake of Eden say they're influenced by them, they don't sound much like them. They're pretty hot though!

2058bo6.jpg

Wow!A current day band really digging the whole 80's metal look.

Uh that's like lame 80s hair band. Guns N Roses was far different.

The White Stripes are good but they dont remind me anything of Guns N Roses.

Are we talking GNR copy cats here or bands that are similar in spirit? The White Stripes have revived respectable blues guitar rock this decade, much like GNR did in the 80s. They aren't just another band like all the other hard rock bands writing mediocre songs.