lies uncensored LP

I've got one that is signed. So it does exist.

I'll add a pic soon.

The front cover of the banned one is also different, it's got the "Wife Beating has been around for 10,000 years" headline instead of LIES LIES LIES . It also has "Ladies Welcome to the Dark Ages" on the banned one instead of "Elephant Gives Birth to Midget". The early release of the CD also had these original headlines.

(don't know if it's exactly as you described, is this what you mean tho?

RIMG0003-1.jpg

and the rear:

RIMG0002-1.jpg

Thanks!

Mine is identical to that except it has the breasts censored, while my friend has one that has the different quotes on the cover. I actually bought this on LP right when it came out, and it was censored, so I wonder how many of these uncensored ones are out there.

Very cool!

(don't know if it's exactly as you described, is this what you mean tho?

Thanks!

Mine is identical to that except it has the breasts censored, while my friend has one that has the different quotes on the cover. I actually bought this on LP right when it came out, and it was censored, so I wonder how many of these uncensored ones are out there.

Very cool!

don't know man, they must have censored it pretty quick. google it?

Now that I'm home I just looked at all my copies and with the LP there appears to be a number of different combinations. For example I have both the censored cover and uncensored cover and both of these have the chick with her tits exposed on the insert. So they clearly censored her tits at a different time to when they changed the cover.

I seem to recall being told that there were 3 versions of Lies. This was told to me by the author of a GNR discography in "Record Collector Magazine", I contacted him a few times trying to clarify some things once, including this issue. Unfortuantely I have since lost his emails. These are the combinations as I understand:

- Banned Cover plus nude girl.

- Censored Cover plus nude girl.

- Banned Cover plus censored girl.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Guns-N-Roses-G-N-R-...A1%7C240%3A1318

According to the Record Collector magazine, the first pressings came with the uncensored inner sleeve, but after BMG took over distribution from WEA in 1990 the inner sleeve became censored.

Edited by williambailey01