John Frusciante leaving the Chilis????

Carne_asaDA

Anyone with knowledge or insight on this, feel free to chime in. Apparently, Frusciante has alienated himself from the band. There's supposed to be an Anthony Keidis benefit concert happening and John will not be attending. The rest of the band will and some dude name "Josh" will be filling in. John Frusciante also had no idea about Chickenfoot as well until recently. Sounds like he's pulling a Buckethead/Finck. :blink:

Does not sound good if you are Chilis fan.

Edited by Carne_asaDA

Axl should try and get him. He'd be the perfect replacement for Finck and he's got more rock cred. than Ashba.

Sorry, but by joining Axl, Frusciante would hurt his credibility as an artist. It would be like asking Salvador Dali to illustrate for a Dr. Suess book. :rolleyes:

The Peppers are done without John and they all know that. Frusciante is probably off in his own world creating and has no time for benefit concerts. I doubt he's actually left the band. They are just on a break right now.

Axl should try and get him. He'd be the perfect replacement for Finck and he's got more rock cred. than Ashba.

Sorry, but by joining Axl, Frusciante would hurt his credibility as an artist. It would be like asking Salvador Dali to illustrate for a Dr. Suess book. :rolleyes:

The Peppers are done without John and they all know that. Frusciante is probably off in his own world creating and has no time for benefit concerts. I doubt he's actually left the band. They are just on a break right now.

Agreed. Frusciante and Flea's chemistry was magical. They have been on a break for a while now and if you follow the band's history, the band usually gets together and perform at a festival or in this case, a benefit concert for a bandmate, right before reuniting to work on a new album. It was about this time last year when Anthony said that the band was going on a year long hiatus.

John Frusciante from a recent Guitar and Bass magazine French interview:

"I'm not interested in being in a band anymore; because during the last 10 years, I've spent more than 4 years and a half touring with a band. The Chili Peppers had to perform a huge number of concerts. To me, it represents a very long period of time time when we can barely be creative. I'll have a show within 2 months, but it won't be rock. I can't say anymore about that now, because we still have to define things."

He's the best part of the Chilli Peppers, so that would suck for them but if you've listened to The Empryan you won't really care.

I see what you are saying there, and I somewhat agree, but I think that the best songs and parts of the Empyrean were the ones that featured Flea. That combo is a powerful lifeforce in the music.