Was Adam Robbed of the Title?

EternalFlame

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it even matter? I dont even watch American Idol at all and I know this Adam Lambert guy has some insane vocal chops, he has his name out there and his future can only get bigger, its just the beginning for him as much as it is for this other guy. Is it even that much of an honor to win American Idol anymore? It just seems so much like, "congratulations! given a few years, you'll be a has been pop singer!" This show doesnt decide shit, its up to the artists true talent to see whether they'll survive or not, and more times than not American Idol winners have just kinda fell off the radar. Taylor Hicks? lol, what an IDOL

Way I see it, if you make it to the finals of that show and people give a shit about you, your future is somewhat secure.

The POINT is that Adam was robbed of a title that he SHOULD have deserved. Yes, Adam will become famous....it's just the fact that he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED. He worked hard on that show, and I saw the determination grow stronger inside of him with every week. It's just not fair.

STFU.

They both obviously worked hard, so quit being some stalker chick throwing around shit like "He DESERVED it because he worked hard and he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED." The competition is decided by peoples' votes, they voted. End of story.

they voted wrong.

They usually do.

Why does it even matter? I dont even watch American Idol at all and I know this Adam Lambert guy has some insane vocal chops, he has his name out there and his future can only get bigger, its just the beginning for him as much as it is for this other guy. Is it even that much of an honor to win American Idol anymore? It just seems so much like, "congratulations! given a few years, you'll be a has been pop singer!" This show doesnt decide shit, its up to the artists true talent to see whether they'll survive or not, and more times than not American Idol winners have just kinda fell off the radar. Taylor Hicks? lol, what an IDOL

Way I see it, if you make it to the finals of that show and people give a shit about you, your future is somewhat secure.

The POINT is that Adam was robbed of a title that he SHOULD have deserved. Yes, Adam will become famous....it's just the fact that he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED. He worked hard on that show, and I saw the determination grow stronger inside of him with every week. It's just not fair.

STFU.

They both obviously worked hard, so quit being some stalker chick throwing around shit like "He DESERVED it because he worked hard and he wasn't given an honor he DESERVED." The competition is decided by peoples' votes, they voted. End of story.

they voted wrong.

They usually do.

Hey at least we got him to the finale and got the see some epic performances

Adam might have possibly been relieved by the fact that Kris won, when I really think about it. Adam was extremely gracious. Maybe there was an underlying strategy there?

American Idol surely helped Adam become recognized, and his career will only prosper with the talent he possesses.

Edited by EternalFlame

what's there about 4-5 different threads about Adam Lambert on a GnR/VR fan board-one about VR needing him, one baout Adam wanting to play w/ Slash; ove about him being robbed, one about him being approached by Queen, and one about him joining KISS on tour......that dude is going to be big-time in the next 6months - 2 years

what's there about 4-5 different threads about Adam Lambert on a GnR/VR fan board-one about VR needing him, one baout Adam wanting to play w/ Slash; ove about him being robbed, one about him being approached by Queen, and one about him joining KISS on tour......that dude is going to be big-time in the next 6months - 2 years

What can I say, Adam is a very popular guy these days. :P

Guest Apollo

Adam will be just fine.

The 12-16 year olds out there need a sugar-coated pop rock singer to idolize over for an album or two.

So the winner of the show is voted on by the general public? So how exactly was Adam robbed then? If the other guy got more votes . . . then that means MORE people thought he should win than Adam . . . . how exactly does that equate to him being robbed???

Adam will be just fine.

The 12-16 year olds out there need a sugar-coated pop rock singer to idolize over for an album or two.

So the winner of the show is voted on by the general public? So how exactly was Adam robbed then? If the other guy got more votes . . . then that means MORE people thought he should win than Adam . . . . how exactly does that equate to him being robbed???

Because, Kris knew Adam should have won. All the judges knew, even Simon. So Adam was robbed of the title.

To deprive unjustly of something belonging to, desired by, or legally due - He was deprived because of America's votes. Obviously, I am an Adam fan. I am not saying Kris didn't deserve it, but Adam has better vocals, and it is a SINGING competition.

Guest Apollo
Adam will be just fine.

Because, Kris knew Adam should have won. All the judges knew, even Simon. So Adam was robbed of the title.

To deprive unjustly of something belonging to, desired by, or legally due - He was deprived because of America's votes. Obviously, I am an Adam fan. I am not saying Kris didn't deserve it, but Adam has better vocals, and it is a SINGING competition.

So are you saying that the millions of people who voted in the competition SPECIFICALLY voted against Adam just so he would lose?

Or are you saying that the show American Idol purposely did not report all of the votes just so Adam would lose?

The winner is based on who gets the most votes from the voting public - not on who Paula Abdul thinks should win . . . correct?

In "your" opinion, you feel that Adam should have won. That's cool.

But apparently the majority of people felt that the other guy should win . . . so again, please explain to me SPECIFICALLY how come your choice was robbed. How was Adam "deprived unjustly of something legally due" to him . . . when the rules were pretty simple.

Adam will be just fine.

So are you saying that the millions of people who voted in the competition SPECIFICALLY voted against Adam just so he would lose?

Or are you saying that the show American Idol purposely did not report all of the votes just so Adam would lose?

The winner is based on who gets the most votes from the voting public - not on who Paula Abdul thinks should win . . . correct?

In "your" opinion, you feel that Adam should have won. That's cool.

But apparently the majority of people felt that the other guy should win . . . so again, please explain to me SPECIFICALLY how come your choice was robbed. How was Adam "deprived unjustly of something legally due" to him . . . when the rules were pretty simple.

Because I feel America's voted were unjust, and I made this thread to talk about it with others, whether they agree with me or not. I never said that people voted against him, or votes were not reported. Maybe it IS unjust that the judges do not claim the winner. After all, they know talent, right?

Guest Apollo

So your real issue is that the judges should decide the winner and not a VOTE of the listening public????

And, that America voted for the wrong person? So MORE people thought that Kris should win instead of Adam . . . but that's UNJUST because YOU think that Adam was better . . . . . that about sum up what you are saying?

I'm not trying to be mean to you. I'm trying to understand how you feel that your favorite was "robbed."

Oh, and on a side note . . . NO. Yes, Simon has shown the ability to pick talent in the past. But Paula and Randy are just musicians/singers. They have no history of being great talent scouts. They were picked for the show because of their musical background and their ability to be funny and entertaining on a TV show. If Paula was some great music talent scout, she wouldn't be on American Idol as a judge. She'd have her own recording company and would be signing unknown singers and bands and turning them into super stars.

Idol is rigged to bring the second best singer to win, being #1 on idol means automatic failure after a few months of fame.

Being second leaves you many more options.

Do we ever get to see the votes tallied? Nope.

That has been the truth of Idol.

Edited by EternalFlame

Kris is a talented guy, all round. Adam sings better of course. America is made up of all sorts of people. The second place getter often does better than the winner, at least over here they do. They usually get offered a recording contract anyhow, and then get to avoid all the hype whilst concentrating on their own style.. instead of 'Idol image'.

That was only the case for the first two idols... While Guy is somewhat successful, shannon outclassed him in, they have both dropped off the radar since. As for season two well that chick that won it... Casey Donavon if memory serves my right, well she was just a disaster. The only reason people voted for her over the runner who I can't remember, but was more successful; was because she is fat(honestly), sympathy. The other seasons i don't even know who won. All in all, the only success to come out of australian idol are the winner and runner up of season one but nothing memorable.

jessica mauboy (she was an idol winner though) has had several hits on the radio - with US rappers backing her up.

Casey had a beautiful voice.. her family trauma fucked it up for her. I can't recall who came second then either.

That guy last year who did Michael Jackson's Black & White.. I thought he would've done something good but never heard anything from him again.

and from the US.. didn't David Archuletta do better than Cooky?

it is a SINGING competition.

well not entirely, cause i've heard the judges say repeatedly that a contestant needs to have something unique to bring to the competition aside from vocals. And while I agree Adam is unique.. and he can sing - I found that Kris was so much more relaxed on stage and I guess the voting public felt that too. He was easy to enjoy, whereas when Adam sang I was always on edge wondering if he was gonna fuck up a note here or there cause he put so much effort into it.

Guest Apollo
Idol is rigged to bring the second best singer to win, being #1 on idol means automatic failure after a few months of fame.

Actually, that is blatantly false.

I'm not an AI fan at all. A simple search on google brought up these facts about the winner "automatic failure after a few months of fame."

Season One - 2002

Kelly Clarkson over Justin Giauri. Who has had the better career??????????

Not even close. It's 2009 and Clarkson is still relevant and putting out hit songs.

Season Two - 2003

Chris Rubben Stoddard over Clay Aiken.

I'll give this one a tie. Aiken has sold more albums, but Rubben has branched out and along with music, is also doing movies and tv. Both guys have been very successful.

Season Three - 2004

Fantastia over Diana Digarmo.

Not even close. Fantasia by a million miles.

Season Four - 2005

Carrie Underwood over Bo Bice.

Again, not even close. Wipeout victory for Underwood in terms of their career since Idol.

Season Five - 2006

Taylor Hicks over Katherine McPhee.

Hicks has sold more albums, so he wins.

Season Six - 2007

Jordan Sparks over Blake Lewis.

Blow out victory for Sparks. Not even close.

Season Seven - 2008

David Cook over David Archuleta.

Archuleta has been very successful, but not as successful as Cook as been.

Close win for Cook.

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm

So of the seven prior American Idols . . . . six of the seven first place finishers have had longer and better careers than the second place finisher. Only One of the seven could be argued to have had a better or equal career as the winner.

But I suppose you guys are right.

6 out of 7 . . . . . that must be because all of the world's music fans are in on the "fix" as well!!!!!!!

Actually, that is blatantly false.

I'm not an AI fan at all. A simple search on google brought up these facts about the winner "automatic failure after a few months of fame."

Season One - 2002

Kelly Clarkson over Justin Giauri. Who has had the better career??????????

Not even close. It's 2009 and Clarkson is still relevant and putting out hit songs.

Season Two - 2003

Chris Rubben Stoddard over Clay Aiken.

I'll give this one a tie. Aiken has sold more albums, but Rubben has branched out and along with music, is also doing movies and tv. Both guys have been very successful.

Season Three - 2004

Fantastia over Diana Digarmo.

Not even close. Fantasia by a million miles.

Season Four - 2005

Carrie Underwood over Bo Bice.

Again, not even close. Wipeout victory for Underwood in terms of their career since Idol.

Season Five - 2006

Taylor Hicks over Katherine McPhee.

Hicks has sold more albums, so he wins.

Season Six - 2007

Jordan Sparks over Blake Lewis.

Blow out victory for Sparks. Not even close.

Season Seven - 2008

David Cook over David Archuleta.

Archuleta has been very successful, but not as successful as Cook as been.

Close win for Cook.

HHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm

So of the seven prior American Idols . . . . six of the seven first place finishers have had longer and better careers than the second place finisher. Only One of the seven could be argued to have had a better or equal career as the winner.

But I suppose you guys are right.

6 out of 7 . . . . . that must be because all of the world's music fans are in on the "fix" as well!!!!!!!

I don't watch AI much, and do not listen to mainstream artists so I haven't heard many albums of the past winners. Anyway, whether their careers are successful are not, they are not to be concerned. This is about Season 8.

Guest Apollo

OK, My bad.

I thought that you had replied "that has been the truth of Idol" . . . . but from your last comment, I see that must have came from somebody else. :rolleyes:

Are you for real? You talk about AI being rigged and you agree with somebody that finishing first is an automatic failure for them and that coming in #2 gives you better career options. I point out that you both are mistaken, that every first place winner has dominated the second place winner in terms of career achievement . . . . and your response is that you don't care, you are just talking about this year?

Wow.

OK, My bad.

I thought that you had replied "that has been the truth of Idol" . . . . but from your last comment, I see that must have came from somebody else. :rolleyes:

Are you for real? You talk about AI being rigged and you agree with somebody that finishing first is an automatic failure for them and that coming in #2 gives you better career options. I point out that you both are mistaken, that every first place winner has dominated the second place winner in terms of career achievement . . . . and your response is that you don't care, you are just talking about this year?

Wow.

wow indeed Apollo, i'm with you on this one (double standards..?)

OK, My bad.

Wow.

Look you got WAY off topic. Winners of AI in the past have been well-known, I will give them that. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson. I have heard little of everyone else. But I guess I wouldn't know, since I don't listen to mainstream music. I will say this, I should have not been so quick to agree with inverted mind. If I make a mistake, I WILL fess up to it. But don't make it into a big deal.

I have gotten so many forum users nitpicking little things today, and quite frankly im tired of it. IT IS AS IF NOBODY WANTS TO POST ACCORDING TO THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. Everyone else is entitled to their opinions and I have people asking me why Adam was robbed, and other PETTY things like it.

Guest Apollo

Maxx, I don't even watch American Idol and could really care less about it.

But the statements EF is saying are absolutely false. If you are going to talk about something, at least make sure you know what you are talking about!!!!

EF . . . . yes, people can nit-pick over things that you don't feel are important. But it's just people trying to keep you honest. If you make claims or post things that are not true - then people are going to call you on it.

I'm glad that you are willing to admit that you are wrong on this Adam-AI subject.

People will respect your posts and opinions and not nit-pick them to death, if you stop posting half truths and things that are blatantly false. Also, don't take what people say on here as personal attacks against you or let it bother you too much.

And my initial posts were EXACTLY in response to the title of your thread.

I showed you how Adam was NOT robbed. How the people voted for who they thought should win,.

Just because your favorite didn't win, does not mean the show was rigged.

Edited by Apollo

OK, My bad.

Wow.

Look you got WAY off topic. Winners of AI in the past have been well-known, I will give them that. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson. I have heard little of everyone else. But I guess I wouldn't know, since I don't listen to mainstream music. I will say this, I should have not been so quick to agree with inverted mind. If I make a mistake, I WILL fess up to it. But don't make it into a big deal.

I have gotten so many forum users nitpicking little things today, and quite frankly im tired of it. IT IS AS IF NOBODY WANTS TO POST ACCORDING TO THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. Everyone else is entitled to their opinions and I have people asking me why Adam was robbed, and other PETTY things like it.

Don't worry, I went through a similar thing in another thread.. people can be so cruel. The excuse I got told was because I was posting in a forum full of minors.. and that's what I'm meant to expect. And I think it was a young person who made the comment. wow. Anyhow, I apologise if I cemented any bad feeling Apollo's posts raised in you. It's good that you said this:

I should have not been so quick to agree with inverted mind

Thinking for yourself is a learned art - you're only young. It's the best thing you can ever do for yourself, although I'm sure MOST of your thoughts are already your own.

Maxx, I don't even watch American Idol and could really care less about it.

But the statements EF is saying are absolutely false. If you are going to talk about something, at least make sure you know what you are talking about!!!!

EF . . . . yes, people can nit-pick over things that you don't feel are important. But it's just people trying to keep you honest. If you make claims or post things that are not true - then people are going to call you on it.

I'm glad that you are willing to admit that you are wrong on this Adam-AI subject.

People will respect your posts and opinions and not nit-pick them to death, if you stop posting half truths and things that are blatantly false. Also, don't take what people say on here as personal attacks against you or let it bother you too much.

And my initial posts were EXACTLY in response to the title of your thread.

I showed you how Adam was NOT robbed. How the people voted for who they thought should win,.

Just because your favorite didn't win, does not mean the show was rigged.

I don't. I am just saying that many people post false things. But I get one person telling me, and then a bunch of people say the exact same thing and blow it out of proportion. I am not trying to argue with people here, I really am not. A mistake is a mistake, is it not? When I am trying to have people read each others poetry and get people telling me that I am slaughtering the English language when I am a developing writer, ( who was the first freshman at her high school to ever get a story published as the centerfold in the schools literary magazine)does hit a sore spot. It is just the constant posting in the other thread about the incident that gets me. OKAY it's an error. Well,can we move on? I learned to double check before my posting for next time, which I normally do. I'm trying to get it across that I overlooked something, but I don't need people telling me over and over again. If someone would have kindly said " hey look, you made a mistake," that is fine. But someone told me I was SLAUGHTERING the English language.

If someone would have kindly said " hey look, you made a mistake," that is fine. But someone told me I was SLAUGHTERING the English language.

That was purely sarcasm, and a ridiculous overstatement. I'm sure the guy would say so himself.