Marilyn Manson

Punos

The best tracks on the album are the ones where manson isnt afraid to explore new ground. The song "Running to the Edge of the world" is basically all acoustic and his voice works surprisingly well with less instrumentation. "Four Rusted Horses" has a country vibe to it. The first song on the disc also is a stylistic leap. Hes not a shock rocker anymore but if you listen to it just as an album and nothing more its pretty good

Ooooh, ghosties and ghoulies and a man named Marilyn *hugs himself and shivers* scaaarryyyyy :lol: How anybody can take that shit seriously is beyond me..i got nothing against dressin' up, don't get me wrong, i love T Rex, i love the New York Dolls...but all this goofy ass Halloween bullshit...and more than that, people actually taking this shit seriously. I mean i dig the theatricality in things like Alice Cooper etc but theres a wonderful sense of humor and like...kind of a wink and a nudge to all that shit. Marilyn seems like he's genuinely out to scare to some degree. It jus makes the whole thing overly silly.

Edited by dirtylenny

Ooooh, ghosties and ghoulies and a man named Marilyn *hugs himself and shivers* scaaarryyyyy :lol: How anybody can take that shit seriously is beyond me..i got nothing against dressin' up, don't get me wrong, i love T Rex, i love the New York Dolls...but all this goofy ass Halloween bullshit...and more than that, people actually taking this shit seriously. I mean i dig the theatricality in things like Alice Cooper etc but theres a wonderful sense of humor and like...kind of a wink and a nudge to all that shit. Marilyn seems like he's genuinely out to scare to some degree. It jus makes the whole thing overly silly.

I honestly dont think Marylin manson takes himself as serious as the public does . I mean from some interviews i see and his hole attitude seems to me he just has fun with the whole crazy things people believe he is and that he does and (takes advantage to actually have sucess wich seems pretty smart to me ) of the whole charather he created .

• 8 months later...

I think I'm going to try to get into Manson. My friend wanted me to download his albums for him, and I think I'm going to give him a chance.

I've liked some Manson songs I've heard before, but I think what was turning me off from his music was his "concept". If I can get passed that, I could probably be a huge Manson fan.

Let's see how it goes!

Edited by Black Sabbath

I think I'm going to try to get into Manson. My friend wanted me to download his albums for him, and I think I'm going to give him a chance.

I've liked some Manson songs I've heard before, but I think what was turning me off from his music was his "concept". If I can get passed that, I could probably be a huge Manson fan.

Let's see how it goes!

Antichrist Superstar is the best IMO.

Saw him live back in september. He kinda sucked. The openers (Die Mannequin) were better.

I think Mechanical Animals is his best work closely followed by Antichrist Superstar.

Mechanical Animals is a damn good glam-rock album and it was before Mansin got "too silly" like he did with later albums, Holywood onwards really.

Animals is in my top 20 albums list for sure and I dig the sound he went for as it is quite different from the other albums.

First saw Manson on the Antichrist Superstar tour.

Over the top theatrical,it was GREAT!

Second fav Manson tour was the Gods Guns and Government tour.

I was into the whole thing for a few years but it's just kinda...meh...over for me now.

I remember Manson saying he felt deceived by Alice Cooper appearing on the Tonight Show just gabbing with Johnny Carson.

He couldn't believe in him as a rock hero anymore.

...so,Manson starts appearing on Letterman and Leno,just gabbing away :shrugs:

And another thing...why did the antichrist deciple of Anton Levay participate in the holy Christian ceremony of marriage?? :tongue2:

Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

I didn't think anyone actually took Manson seriously.

Jesus freaks did.

The Antichrist Superstar tour had religious groups camped outside the venues...they were literally trying to talk people out of entering the arena.

At one of the shows (Varsity Arena),a guy with a bullhorn and a giant painting of Jesus looked me in the eye and asked me if I could feel the influence of the devil in my heart.

I just smiled at him.