Biggest blatant obvious rip-off of a popular band

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Title says it all.

Post a video from a band that is clearly just trying to ride the coat-tails of another band. Totally copying another band's sound.

I have found the WINNER, without a doubt. But I'm sure people can come up with some fun/interesting ones as well.

I challenge anybody to do this. Close your eyes and DONT look at who the band is. Just click on the link and close your eyes and listen. Ten seconds after the singer starts singing, I promise you that 99 out of 100 of you will imediately know who they are ripping off.

Rip-Off

Could you try and sound like a certain band ANY more than these guys are trying?

And just to avoid the "Oh, they are just paying homage to the band, not trying to rip them off" comments that are sure to follow!

This is paying homage, and a damn cool song, by the way.

Gotta love the drummer

Edited by Apollo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title says it all.

Post a video from a band that is clearly just trying to ride the coat-tails of another band. Totally copying another band's sound.

I have found the WINNER, without a doubt. But I'm sure people can come up with some fun/interesting ones as well.

I challenge anybody to do this. Close your eyes and DONT look at who the band is. Just click on the link and close your eyes and listen. Ten seconds after the singer starts singing, I promise you that 99 out of 100 of you will imediately know who they are ripping off.

Rip-Off

Could you try and sound like a certain band ANY more than these guys are trying?

And just to avoid the "Oh, they are just paying homage to the band, not trying to rip them off" comments that are sure to follow!

This is paying homage, and a damn cool song, by the way.

Gotta love the drummer

Wow, that's pretty obvious :lol:

Sounds cool though.

Also.

(Don't Jump Me Guys)......but Chinese Democracy is a blatant rip off of, Filter's "Title of the Record."

Go check it out for yourself....if you don't believe me.

I don't hear it. :huh:

Papa Roach ripping off Iron Maiden's Ghengis Khan

Papa Roach

Edited by Death Star

Oasis ripping off The Beatles.

I never really got that comparison. I see more similarities to The Sex Pistols and The Jam in Oasis.. the only real rip offs I see in any Oasis tune is Shakermaker's verses, Wonderwall (a lyric in an old Paul McCartney solo ep). Out of the 100+ songs Noel Gallagher has released in various forms there are very few rip offs whatsoever.

I'll tell you a rip off - Velvet Revolver's Let It Roll chorus. Roadhouse Blues anyone? And that's coming from a big VR fan.

Also.

(Don't Jump Me Guys)......but Chinese Democracy is a blatant rip off of, Filter's "Title of the Record."

Go check it out for yourself....if you don't believe me.

I don't hear it. :huh:

Papa Roach ripping off Iron Maiden's Ghengis Khan

Papa Roach

that one was always weird to me. It's so obvious, but they talked about it like they didn't know they did it...

I saw Kingdom Come in 1988 on the Monsters of Rock tour. They were good, but totally ripped off Led Zeppelin. And, they didn't do themselves any favors when the lead singer said the guitar players(in the band) had never listened to Zeppelin before. Yes, its true, he actually said it. :rolleyes:

They faded away quickly.

I never really got that comparison. I see more similarities to The Sex Pistols and The Jam in Oasis.. the only real rip offs I see in any Oasis tune is Shakermaker's verses, Wonderwall (a lyric in an old Paul McCartney solo ep). Out of the 100+ songs Noel Gallagher has released in various forms there are very few rip offs whatsoever.

I'll tell you a rip off - Velvet Revolver's Let It Roll chorus. Roadhouse Blues anyone? And that's coming from a big VR fan.

It was taken from George Harrison's solo album, Wonderwall Music.

It was taken from George Harrison's solo album, Wonderwall Music.

Damn...knew it was something like that.

I don't care if Kingdom Come ripped of Led Zeppelin, they're both great bands. And to the person that said Wolfmother ripped off Black Sabbath/Led Zeppelin, that's such a bunch of crap. Wolfmother has an obvious influence of 70's Heavy Metal/Hard Rock music, but it's an influence. The Sword comes very close to Black Sabbath's style, but I wouldn't exactly say they ripped them off.

If I had to say one, it'd be Oasis and The Beatles.

I've always thought this thread was rather eye opening. Especially after I went back and compared most of the songs to their supposed influences.

I like Oasis and everything, but they don't have a problem, uh, wearing their influences on their sleeves.