Moderators, can we have an official 'Slash condolences' thread?

Mr3D

What would be the difference between that kind of thread and the one we already have? Just erase any off-topic remarks, and there you have it.

I don't care how it's implemented, if mods want to clean up the other thread and delete this one that's fine with me. I'd just like to see a single place to post well-wishing messages that could be collated and sent to the Hudsons after about a week.

What would be the difference between that kind of thread and the one we already have? Just erase any off-topic remarks, and there you have it.

But Slash could find it easier one of the next of what I can only assume are many times he surfs the boards here.

are there not already multiple sections of the board dedicated to this guy? why does his shit need to clog up the GnR section? Some of us do not care about this guy and agree with the leader of the band that he is a cancer.

The guys mum died and we as fans, both old and new, want to show our support for him, he was and still is one of the most important parts of Guns history, either learn to feel some sort of compassion or keep your opinions to yourself.

I don't think this is needed.

Not to be a debbie downer, but I think most of us have already paid our respects in the "other" thread.

This thread will probaly be nothing but, RIP +1 type of stuff.

Clean the other thread up and send that to him.

June 9, 2009 - Tuesday

Ola Hudson

Hello all, as some of you may already know, my mom (Ola Hudson) died 6:30am last Friday morning of Lung Cancer. This is a difficult time, but I have to share with you that she was the sweetest, warmest, most loving human being I've ever known (next to my grandmother on her side), as well as one of the most creative & talented. She was also the coolest Rock & Roll mom a Rock junkie like myself could ever possibly want to have. She was responsible for exposing me to a lot of the music that would influence me as a musician growing up. As well as introducing me to "the life" & priming me to survive this crazy business that I'm now in. But more importantly, she turned me on to all different forms of art & the importance of artistic self expression & creative communication thru music & dance from as early on as I can remember. She really was all things artistic & creative personified & the world is a lesser place without her.

I still haven't grasped fully that she is gone & this is going to take some time to process. But, I have gotten a lot of really genuine condolences from many of you & I want to tell you that I appreciate it more than you can possibly know. My family & I thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Slash

Sent via Satan ] ; ) >

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...endId=420167906

are there not already multiple sections of the board dedicated to this guy? why does his shit need to clog up the GnR section? Some of us do not care about this guy and agree with the leader of the band that he is a cancer.

There are not "multiple sections of the forum" dedicated to the fact that the guy's mother just died; he was close to her; and as fans, it would be nice to say: hey, thanks for the tunes & thinkin' positive thoughts as you have a loss.

If enough people are interested, I'd like to see administrators make a single official thread for this purpose, with a commitment to send it to Slash via his manager after, say, a week. Whether or not there's enough interest for that is not my call, I'm just introducing the idea.

My personal opinion is that it's better musically for Slash and Axl to each be doing their own thing these days. That has nothing to do with a chance as human beings to provide a positive thought to another human being who's brightened my life with his musical art.

You are a lowlife. The man is 1/5th of the reason you're even a fan of this band (No way in hell are you going to try and tell me CD made you a fan), and you can't even respect the fact that his mom died? How would you feel if yours died? Stop being so damn bitter, and show some respect.

Uncalled for but in a way i agree, i have no problem with a thread in the appropriate forum or editing the thread that exists already.