What is The worst Year for music?

Guest Metatron

Guest Metatron

Well, with Michael Jackson's recent death being proclaimed as "The worst day in hollywood" (Coupled with the death of Farrah Fawcett.) I was wondering what we generally consider the worst year was the worst for music?

Was it 1980?

2002?

94?

96?

Discuss.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really think of anything, but if I were to choose something off the bat, '97 seemed like a very uneventful year, and I don't believe I own anything from it. Just a random year came to mind, if I were to think about it, I'd probably come up with a better year.

370 BC

Just a shit year for music.

I dunno - I was always quite partial to the "bang rock against rock song". Kron was just a crazy drummer, man.

Well 369 BC then... Kron left the band and then the whole scene died.

Edited by Soulseller

The years 1999 - 2003 were really bad. Loads of rap/metal crap. Started getting better around 2003 with bands like The Vines/White Stripes/Black Rebel Motorcycle Club/The Hives and The Strokes. Most of the aformentioned bands have also now gone to shit but they all came out at just the right time to breath fresh air into music.

Guest Metatron

I think the worst year is 2002. For punk music at the very least, a year is hard when you lose 2 of you biggest icons in Joey Ramone and Joe Strummer.

Edited by Metatron

94-97 pop was shit, rock was shit, metal was non existent.

There were a few exceptions of course, but for the most part I can't find anything I like from that era...

Come on man, really?

STP, Floyd, Soundgarden, REM, Nine Inch Nails, and Pearl Jam all had shit out in 1994 alone, that's pretty cool to me. I honestly don't think I could single out a year, but as far as decades go I'd say the 80s were pretty shitty for music, at least when compared to the 60s, 70s, 90s and 00s.

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

94-97 pop was shit, rock was shit, metal was non existent.

There were a few exceptions of course, but for the most part I can't find anything I like from that era...

Come on man, really?

STP, Floyd, Soundgarden, REM, Nine Inch Nails, and Pearl Jam all had shit out in 1994 alone, that's pretty cool to me. I honestly don't think I could single out a year, but as far as decades go I'd say the 80s were pretty shitty for music, at least when compared to the 60s, 70s, 90s and 00s.

could not get into it