What is The worst Year for music?

Guest Metatron

This decade is easily the worst for music, followed by the 90s. For me the only bright spot of this decade was the second half of last year with the new Metallica, GNR, and ACDC albums.

It seems as though no one is trying to make music that requires talent of any form anymore. Popular music is what these people are trying to make, since that is what the mainstream wants. The mainstream is settling for popular music instead of music that is good, that is why this decade has been horrible. Guitar solos are pretty uncommon now, lyrics are made to be easily comprehendable (even if that means they dont make sense), songs dont seem to exceed 4 minutes very long, and they all sound very similar.

I really wonder what people are going to be listening to in 10 years, I assume everyone is going to get really tired of this rap/hip hop phase.

Nice mullet, mang

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it helps if you listen to more than one type of music.

i don't even think i could namedrop any great hard rock releases this past decade.

This. There hasn't really been a great hard rock album during the '00s, I can think of a few very good ones but not more. That doesn't mean that music sucks or whatever the fuck people are on about... But yeah, if you only listen to hard rock then the '00s haven't been that good. Whoever recommended the internet to ya were right. And as usual - look beyond the radio and mtv.

people seriously need to lurk moar

this decade has seen some amazing albums

Chinese Democracy, Nymphetamine, Thornography, Angel Down, The Heoin Diaries Soundtrack, All Hope Is Gone, Come What(ever) May, Cocky, Rock N Roll Jesus

other than that nothin thats been really 'amazing' is comin to mind.... every fuckin ac/dc album sounds the same and its beyond excrutiatingly boring at this point.... didnt care for metallicas efforts...

see, this is exactly why i said people have to lurk more. im not trying to sound like a faggy music snob, but if only you knew there's a whole world of music outside of "lets keep da good ole classic rock alive" bands.

people seriously need to lurk moar

this decade has seen some amazing albums

Chinese Democracy, Nymphetamine, Thornography, Angel Down, The Heoin Diaries Soundtrack, All Hope Is Gone, Come What(ever) May, Cocky, Rock N Roll Jesus

other than that nothin thats been really 'amazing' is comin to mind.... every fuckin ac/dc album sounds the same and its beyond excrutiatingly boring at this point.... didnt care for metallicas efforts...

see, this is exactly why i said people have to lurk more. im not trying to sound like a faggy music snob, but if only you knew there's a whole world of music outside of "lets keep da good ole classic rock alive" bands.

?

and its not like i havent listened to other music. i did. i just didnt like it.

This decade is easily the worst for music, followed by the 90s. For me the only bright spot of this decade was the second half of last year with the new Metallica, GNR, and ACDC albums.

It seems as though no one is trying to make music that requires talent of any form anymore. Popular music is what these people are trying to make, since that is what the mainstream wants. The mainstream is settling for popular music instead of music that is good, that is why this decade has been horrible. Guitar solos are pretty uncommon now, lyrics are made to be easily comprehendable (even if that means they dont make sense), songs dont seem to exceed 4 minutes very long, and they all sound very similar.

I really wonder what people are going to be listening to in 10 years, I assume everyone is going to get really tired of this rap/hip hop phase.

Nice mullet, mang

Just because some people don't worship the 90's Alternative and Grunge scenes doesn't make them some 80's worshipping, mullet-wearing freak, you ****** (lol that got editted to person). You make these wanna-be-witty remarks about those who hint they like 80's music and it gets old. And stop saying mang, it makes you look like an arrogant ass.

(I love Alternative and Grunge, but I also like 80's music, but still, you're simply an ass).

EDIT: I don't agree with the comment you posted that to, you just make the comment an awful lot and it gets annoying.

Edited by LightningBolt

When did I or the guy I replied to even mention grunge? :lol: I love how everyone on this forum label me as an obsessive grunge fan or whatever, when in reality, I haven't listened that much to the genre since I was 15. Yeah, I defend them on here from time to time, but I would do that with any of my past, or present, favourite bands if the hate towards them was so strong, like it is on here with Nirvana or grunge. And "wannabe-witty remarks towards those who enjoy '80s music"? I've only done that like four times since you joined.

I love Alternative and Grunge, but I also like 80's music

I don't know why you say something along these lines whenever you start nagging me in a thread. Is it to prove something? Because, frankly, I don't care what genres and bands you listen to, I care more about the stuff you write that is actually relevant to the discussion.

mang

Edited by Lithium

And "wannabe-witty remarks towards those who enjoy '80s music"? I've only done that like four times since you joined.

Whatever, but you don't really need to do it at all.

I don't know why you say something along these lines whenever you start nagging me in a thread. Is it to prove something? Because, frankly, I don't care what genres and bands you listen to, I care more about the stuff you write that is actually relevant to the discussion.

To show I'm not the 80's worshipping, mullet-wearing freak I may or may not be defending. :lol:

Whatever, I don't really care anymore, just gets annoying is all.

Guest Metatron

Too bad. This is the internets - I do what I want.

Internet rebels are lame.

Guest Metatron

Too bad. This is the internets - I do what I want.

Internet rebels are lame.

Yeah, potheads are way cooler.

lol That wasn't a dig at you, I think your a rather funny poster, just don't try to be an internet tough guy, it's lame though, be your usual witty self.

I don't understand why popular music is always considered bad? You don't have to settle for anything you don't like. I think too many people think they know what good music is and what bad music is.

Music is for ALL ears, not just the individual.I'm not a big fan of this decade, but there is a lot of stuff to decide on.Don't judge a book by it's cover, like don't judge a song by it's decade. As for this thread, I say 1980 was a disaster for music when Bon Scott died. Yes Back in Black was a classic, but for ME, I miss BON very much, and would have loved whatever AC/DC would have released with him after Highway to Hell.

I don't understand why popular music is always considered bad? You don't have to settle for anything you don't like. I think too many people think they know what good music is and what bad music is.

Music is for ALL ears, not just the individual.I'm not a big fan of this decade, but there is a lot of stuff to decide on.Don't judge a book by it's cover, like don't judge a song by it's decade. As for this thread, I say 1980 was a disaster for music when Bon Scott died. Yes Back in Black was a classic, but for ME, I miss BON very much, and would have loved whatever AC/DC would have released with him after Highway to Hell.

Hmm, that got me thinking... 1980 was a pretty disastrous year. Bon died, Bonzo died and Lennon died...Wow :o