I was watching Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight festival

SofaKingWhat

Which was on Sky Arts or something last night. Jimis' music and skill doesn't need clarified, it was brilliant. After it finished I switched over to Kerrang and it was a top rock chart, with Green Days new song at no.1 and I just thought, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan... it could even meerit a :facepalm: .

Turned the TV off in disappointment.

I didn't think Isle Of Wight was a good show for Jimi.

Yeah but Jimi on a bad night is like multiple guitar orgasms still :) It was fuckin amazing i thought, brilliant! The Who were fucking brilliant there too i thought. Its interesting you should say that though actually, i just get mesmerized by Jimi every time i see the bastard and i'm not exactly a musician so like...y'know, i don't know all the in's and out's of whats considered a bad performance in some ways. I've read in more than one book that Woodstock is considered a kinda untidy performance by Jimi which i don't understand at all. I'd like to know though. What is it about the Isle of Wight that you thought was a bit off?

Edited by dirtylenny

I didn't think Isle Of Wight was a good show for Jimi.

Yeah but Jimi on a bad night is like multiple guitar orgasms still :) It was fuckin amazing i thought, brilliant! The Who were fucking brilliant there too i thought. Its interesting you should say that though actually, i just get mesmerized by Jimi every time i see the bastard and i'm not exactly a musician so like...y'know, i don't know all the in's and out's of whats considered a bad performance in some ways. I've read in more than one book that Woodstock is considered a kinda untidy performance by Jimi which i don't understand at all. I'd like to know though. What is it about the Isle of Wight that you thought was a bit off?

It's probably fine now on the remastered DVD where it's been remixed and edited right. But I remember watching it on TV years ago in the 90s and it just seemed really sloppy and out of tune.