U2 Discussion

CryptElf

I wonder if they're having issues with Dangermouse.

I think this may be one of the best logical explanations.

I'm a little bummed out, especially after listening to Invisible. I really think it's the best song they've written since HTDATB.

I kind of need a new U2 album right now. I miss those days.

Paul McGuinness is also stepping down as their manager after 35 years and now working with Madonna's manager.

U2 wants a bona (or Bono) fide success after how No Line On The Horizon did, but they might have to put out a song at a time at this point, which is what I had said about GNR. Bands should be putting EPs and singles out more frequently and full length albums once in a great while, and make an event out of it.

U2's become a band that's rested on its laurels since "All That You Can't Leave Behind", and maybe it had to do with the response to "Pop" and the tour. Go with what works, work around Bono's schedule of meeting world leaders and speaking engagements, and somehow the pieces fall together. This is probably the hardest album they've had to do since "Achtung Baby", so maybe that's a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Thought it would bump this old thread about a dying band to say, just bought Achtung Baby and Zooropa on vinyl and both sound amazing, incredible remasters. If you are a fan of 90s U2 get them. Pop is not quite as good quality (probably by favourite of the three as an album) but has a delicious gatefold so well worth it. All hail Lemon.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

All That You Can't Leave Behind is getting a 20th anniversary remaster boxset
https://shop.u2.com/collections/all-that-you-cant-leave-behind

Nothing too extraordinary in it, but there's a 5 CD version with the album remastered, B-sides/outtakes, a show from the Elevation tour in Boston, and a remix disc; most released in the past, but now it's all packaged nicely together.