RAMMSTEIN!!! The awesomely epic official thread

Monty

Tottenham and Jackie happened to this thread. :(

YOU BASTARDS.

Don't worry, Dead Flower... The Haifisch video and Rock Am Ring pro-shot (hopefully) concert(s) will get us back on track.

Bitch please, I've been listening to Goddstein since before your balls dropped (9 years and counting)

The Haifisch single is supposedly being released at the end of the month so we can expect a video soonish.

You guys should check out the band 'Laibach'.

Their stuff ranges from amazingly bad to occasionally awesome. Some bizarre cover songs.

The vocalist clearly had some influence on Till. And the military style rhythms.

Oh, and Rammstein stole their logo. :lol:

Edited by Dead Flower

live aus berlin didnt play in my xbox, its a PAL dvd :thumbsdown: ive been away a few days but tonight im going to play it off the computer, pretty excited. :thumbsup:

also i might go see rammstein in quebec this july. maybe i can borrow HV's stormtrooper mask.

Stormtrooper.gif

Edited by Jackie Moon

• 2 weeks later...

I love how they've revisited some of their old music videos to show the infighting between the band.

It's a great message. They fight a lot, they've wanted to leave or replace members at times, they sometimes get sick of one another - but in the end they stick together for their fans and because they know they've got something special between the six of them.

:thumbsup:

Rammstein would not be Rammstein with out all six of them.

I think the best revisited part was Flake feeding Till all of the food and the cutting of Till's rope.

The Jame Hetfield picture cut-out was great too. :lol:

The whole time I'm like "WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE SHARKS", then Till's postcard at the end saved the day. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Now that the rampant speculation has died down, I am finally ready to begin the top ten countdown.

I will not simply post a top ten list. That would be boresville. Instead I will devote an entire post to each song.

#10 - Dalai Lama

This epic song is very loosely based on a poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. I plan on changing my name to Wolfgang von Goethe very soon. It's a great name.

Mighty Till Lindemann took this lesser poet's work, raped it, changed the meaning slightly, and made it awesome.

This song is somehow soft and heavy at the same time. It's these contrasts within the song that make it so brilliant. Till sings the "weiter, weiter ins verderben" section in his trademark brutal vocal style over a big crunchy guitar riff - but seconds later is singing the "komm her, bleib hier" parts in a clear, almost angelic voice over delicate piano provided by Flake.

The vocal run from Till in the outro makes me hard.

I would never attempt to truly understand the mind of a poet god like Till, but for me the song is about becoming so consumed with fear that we end up harming the people we are trying to protect. The world should learn from Till.