Pearl Jam's new song: The Fixer

Gallagher Rose

Plenty would disagree that there is no inspiration. Pearl Jam has always taken the no frills approach. They still sell out arenas all over the world so theres no feasible reason for them to split

In regards to the song it songs almost too poppy for PJ. The hook almost sounds like friggin Cheap Trick. Might be a personal taste thing, i always liked their harder stuff like Spin The Black Circle and Save You.

I love pearl jam but I don't even want to listen to this yet. I'm scared I won't like it as the last two albums didn't grab me as much as the ones from the previous decade. Lately they sound kind of uninspired to me too, but maybe that's just the direction of the music they're taking.

Mind you I'm still willing to see them live whenever/whereever I can. Crossing my fingers for shepherd's bush tickets at the moment!

There's an eddie interview on iplayer at the moment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/. They play the song twice, it's grown on me but it's not a patch on their earlier music. I especially like what I call their mid-90s "esoteric" era leading up to and including Binaural - everything since then hasn't lived up to it really.

BTW, can't get tickets for Shep bush - so so gutted right now. :(

There's an eddie interview on iplayer at the moment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/. They play the song twice, it's grown on me but it's not a patch on their earlier music. I especially like what I call their mid-90s "esoteric" era leading up to and including Binaural - everything since then hasn't lived up to it really.

BTW, can't get tickets for Shep bush - so so gutted right now. :(

I think they'd be a lot happier doing acoustic stuff, in the vein of Neil Young. They seem so much in their environment on the Unplugged show, and the acoustic songs on Lost Dogs are pretty strong, too (Haven't heard Live at the Benaroya Hall yet, but I heard it's another damn good acoustic show). I guess playing guitar-driven hard rock gets old after it's 20th year.