AC/DC Retiring?

JesusisSavior

Pathetic to just dismiss music as dad rock, like you're above liking it. I've moved on to plenty different styles of music since AC/DC were my favourite band, but I don't just dismiss tAC/DC as outdated or not sophisticated enough for my tastes, bit of a pretentious thing to do.

Right, exactly. I always thought that like...every new thing i got into was like an addition to the list of shit that i like as opposed to like, cancelling out the shit before, i never understood that mentality. That whole 'makeover' thing. Y'see it a lot though. "I usta be into RnB and Hip Hop...but now i'm into metal" or the million other variations.

Pathetic to just dismiss music as dad rock, like you're above liking it. I've moved on to plenty different styles of music since AC/DC were my favourite band, but I don't just dismiss tAC/DC as outdated or not sophisticated enough for my tastes, bit of a pretentious thing to do.

I don't use "dad rock" in a deragatory way, to me it's just sort of a branch off from classic rock, just a bit more subdued than bands like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, etc.

I think it is about time they go, though. It would be sad, seeing as they're one of the most important rock bands ever conceived, but they honestly deserve retirement. And, in a way, it's sad to see 50 and 60 year old men up on stage trying to stay 20 forever. I understand it, but...it just misses that raw, youthful power. It's time to hand over the torch.

It's not like they'll be forgotten anytime soon, anyway.

I don't understand why people want them to retire. Are they ruining your lives or something?

For the record, I don't want them to retire, but I couldn't find a picture of a cat saying "yes" on the first two pages of a google images search, so I went the opposite way and posted a cat saying "no."

AC/DC: Dad rock defined.

That's Grandad Rock to you. :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who doesn't really even know what Dad Rock is supposed to mean? Out-dated or something?

Rock music that Generation Jones, ergo our dads, grew up on and still appreciates.

Oh. Then what's wrong with that?

Because that's the first music young males of the western world often listen to on a serious level. Most people get tired of it and start expanding their horizons with more diverse and exciting music, and refer to the music they once listened to with a derogatory term - "dad rock".

Actually music was a LOT more diverse and exciting in the 60's and 70's than it is now.

:thumbsup: QFT

Am I the only one who doesn't really even know what Dad Rock is supposed to mean? Out-dated or something?

Rock music that Generation Jones, ergo our dads, grew up on and still appreciates.

Because that's the first music young males of the western world often listen to on a serious level. Most people get tired of it and start expanding their horizons with more diverse and exciting music, and refer to the music they once listened to with a derogatory term - "dad rock".

Actually music was a LOT more diverse and exciting in the 60's and 70's than it is now.

you say that like the indie, underground hip-hop, and experimental rock (ie math rock, post-rock) scenes haven't all been popping recently. turn off the radio, b.

You fail to see my point. It was exciting and diverse back when it first came out, when those bands were breaking barriers. Now, however, if you want music that sounds out of the ordinary, you don't go back to '69. Today, there's a lot more variation in music and more genres than it was 40 years ago.