Them Crooked Vultures

Estranged Reality

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Good Album.

As far as instrumental side goes it is awesome, something great really master effort, but I've got problems with vocals some songs they work perfectly but on other music scream for vocals with more kick , more agressive of course singers like Plant, Axl, Tyler weren't possible but even Grohl would make that songs sick, but overally it's very very good record.

I still can't seem to get into Interlude With Ludes. :shrugs:

Also, Warsaw Or The First Breath You Take After You Give Up (which we will all abbreviate as WOTFBUTAYGU from now on :tongue2:) seems to drag on a bit, but it's a good track.

My last "complaint" are the vocals for Scumbag Blues. I'm not a fan of Homme's "falsetto". Love the music for it, but I wish he would have recorded the vocals differently.

Other than that, I love this band and this album. Absolutely great.

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures 9/10 :thumbsup:

I still can't seem to get into Interlude With Ludes. :shrugs:

After getting high and drunk last night and trying to drown out sounds of my roommate having bad sex with a girl whose orgasms resembled canned laughter from an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, I played this track on my iPod about 10 times in a row. I love it.

My last "complaint" are the vocals for Scumbag Blues. I'm not a fan of Homme's "falsetto".

I like it because he's channeling Cream and sounds closer to Cream than any other band that's ever tried to channel Cream.

It's 8.5/10 for me. Great album !!

two complains

- 2-3 songs would benefit from more aggressive vocal approach and having David Grohl in band would do the trick

- a little too compressed.

But I think it is real band not one time thing

- John Paul Jones isn't involved in other projects

- Foo Fighters announced hiatus

- Quenns of the Stone Age is still alive but Josh Homme should be able to split time between two bands

So it could be only beginning of Them Crooked Vultures