Them Crooked Vultures

Estranged Reality

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was let down by this album. I didn't expect a lot from it but still, with all the good things I was hearing about it, i thought it would be at least "good".

Looks like most people have shit tastes to me, most people didn't like Chinese Democracy, most hardcore muse fans didn't like The Resistance, and everyone loves "them crooked vultures omg there are three awesome musicians in this band omg so good".

It's pretty bland, pretty predictable, and less deep that most of the queens of the stone age song. In a word: DISAPPOINTING.

I listened to the album a shitload of times since I got it yesterday and I have to say I am not dissappointed in the least! Also, did anynoe else read the article about them already working on their sophmore release?

If not, here it is

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/them-crooked-vultures-1124/

Good to see some bands are eager about releasing material for their fans...

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

I was let down by this album. I didn't expect a lot from it but still, with all the good things I was hearing about it, i thought it would be at least "good".

Looks like most people have shit tastes to me, most people didn't like Chinese Democracy, most hardcore muse fans didn't like The Resistance, and everyone loves "them crooked vultures omg there are three awesome musicians in this band omg so good".

It's pretty bland, pretty predictable, and less deep that most of the queens of the stone age song. In a word: DISAPPOINTING.

Chinese Democracy was terrible though.

And so was The Resistance.

come to think of it, it's not most people that is the problem...

Damn, after listening to the cd on my stereo, iPod, car, etc I've noticed how compressed it sounds! I mean, obviously it isn't to the extent of Death Magnetic, but it still kills some of the dynamics which is such a shame, really... Another casaulty of the loudness wars, I suppose.

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

This is the sign of great albums: people opinions are very divided about it, it's either "awesome" or "shit". However, Them crooked vulture's album get comments like "bland", "yeah good", "great", "not that good". That's not the sign of a good album.

This is the sign of great albums: people opinions are very divided about it, it's either "awesome" or "shit". However, Them crooked vulture's album get comments like "bland", "yeah good", "great", "not that good". That's not the sign of a good album.

There's a reason most of the hardcore fans hate it. If the people that have followed the band since day 1/have all the other albums/whatever hate it, that only leaves the casual fans that are looking for hits. And that's a sign of a bad album, too.

I've never heard anyone outside of this board say Chinese Democracy was awesome. Just 'it's OK' or 'it's shit'.

Sounds like a bad album to me.

Believe me, I am a big Guns N' Roses fan, but Chinese Democracy is not that good. There are more bad songs than there are good on the album, and when I say bad I mean bad.

I love Them Crooked Vultures though. They new album is pretty damn good. Not great but very very good.

I've never heard anyone outside of this board say Chinese Democracy was awesome. Just 'it's OK' or 'it's shit'.

Sounds like a bad album to me.

i have. several times.

Believe me, I am a big Guns N' Roses fan, but Chinese Democracy is not that good. There are more bad songs than there are good on the album, and when I say bad I mean bad.

its ok if you dont like it man. not for everybody, just like everything.

I just bought this album today, and have listened to it 3 times or so. My first thought is "great rock and roll record". I had no expectations in advance, and have never been that into Joshua Homme/Queens of the stone age before. Actually I don't like Nirvana that much, but that doesn't matter, 'cause this is a new group. Have to listen to it some more times before I can give my opinion about it, but so far It's really good! ;)

Edited by Scaramouche

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...