New KISS song

LightningBolt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMJIlaBbjY

It has a really cool 70's Kiss sound to it. It's nice to see these guys still have it in them.

Their new album Sonic Boom! is being released in a few months, I believe. I'll be getting it. ;)

I don't think it's a bad song but it sounds NOTHING like 70's KISS. It sounds similar to the 80's stuff like lick it up and animalize with a little hint of 1992's revenge, but not too much, mostly an 80's vibe, just slightly tougher. They've been saying how this album is classic KISS from the beginning trying to brainwash people but it's nowhere close, but I still dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMJIlaBbjY

It has a really cool 70's Kiss sound to it. It's nice to see these guys still have it in them.

Their new album Sonic Boom! is being released in a few months, I believe. I'll be getting it. ;)

I don't think it's a bad song but it sounds NOTHING like 70's KISS. It sounds similar to the 80's stuff like lick it up and animalize with a little hint of 1992's revenge, but not too much, mostly an 80's vibe, just slightly tougher. They've been saying how this album is classic KISS from the beginning trying to brainwash people but it's nowhere close, but I still dig it.

I just don't think it is nearly as poppy or as similar to Hair Metal as the Kiss from the 80's was. I dunno, I don't really care all that much, it's just a cool song.

Yep, I noticed the resemblence to "Freya" from the moment I heard it. Better to steal from a very cool song than some second rate recycled riff, though. :P

it sounds NOTHING like 70's KISS.

+1

Fake Ace does a decent job of trying to sound like the real deal though..

yeah he does, I'm sure he had gene and paul behind him the whole time "make it more like ace, it needs to sound like ace".

Axl should've done more of that on the new album...

• 4 weeks later...

Downloading it right now. Must have leaked tonight sometime.

I'll give it a listen tomorrow on the way to school. I'm sure I'll like it because I thought Modern Day Delilah was pretty good.

EDIT: Had to give the second song a listen before bed, and it's titled Russian Roulette and has Gene on vocals. Really good track. Gives that classic KISS feel. B)

EDIT2: Alright, had to listen to the third track as well. :lol:Never Enough with Paul on vocals and this track is also really good. I'm only three tracks in and already love this album. I'll be buying the whole set when it hits shelves.

Edited by Black Sabbath

yeah the album is pretty good. Gene is back to his old form on it. Russian Roulette, Hot and Cold and Yes I Know(nobody's perfect) are the closest things to classic KISS on this album.

they'll probably get in trouble for "never enough" as the verses completely ripped the melody from Posion's "nothin but a good time"

I've always disliked tommy thayer but I have to admit, his track "when lightning strikes" is pretty damn good.

I'm disappointed with Paul's performance on the album aside from Modern Day Delilah.

Danger Us and All for the Glory are crap filler.

It's a good album.

Ace's "Anomaly" is much better though.

yeah the album is pretty good. Gene is back to his old form on it. Russian Roulette, Hot and Cold and Yes I Know(nobody's perfect) are the closest things to classic KISS on this album.

they'll probably get in trouble for "never enough" as the verses completely ripped the melody from Posion's "nothin but a good time"

I've always disliked tommy thayer but I have to admit, his track "when lightning strikes" is pretty damn good.

I'm disappointed with Paul's performance on the album aside from Modern Day Delilah.

Danger Us and All for the Glory are crap filler.

It's a good album.

Ace's "Anomaly" is much better though.

Dude you thought the same thing? I thought i was the only one because i haven't heard anyone else say that. I was listening to it, im like what does this sound like. Oh yeah Poison. I was kinda laughing.