New bands

Scaramouche

As I'm trying to start listening to some new bands, I thought maybe any of you know of some good ones? Like smal "forgotten" bands that in your opinion have something special, and in fact will make it big.

I thought I should start with White Lies. Anyone listening to them? I've just started gettin into them, and they just sound great. Saw them live a couple of days ago, and they blew me away. Actualy they're reminding me a bit of Joy Division. If you haven't heard anything by them before, check out their album "to lose my way" on spotify or something.

I quite like them,but too close to The Killers though who I ain't really all that into. I really liked Jubilee, but nothing ever became of them other than a few songs :( I did get to see them live in Belfast though, that was good.

Edited by Conor

Some new, some not so new but all great (imo).

Twisted Wheel, Kasabian, The Enemy, The Loyalties, MGMT, The Hold Steady, The Dead Weather, Year Long Disaster, The Gaslight Anthem, Black Stone Cherry, Stone Gods, Florence & The Machine, The Answer, The Black Seeds, The Zico Chain, Drive-By Truckers, Fleet Foxes, Zombie Ghost Train, Gallows, Reverend & The Makers, Howard Eliott Payne, Ray LaMontagne, KT Tunstall, The Sword, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Nightwatchman, Pendulum, Snow Patrol, Pink Martini, Willie Stradlin, The Raconteurs, Towers Of London, Wolfmother.

I quite like them,but too close to The Killers though who I ain't really all that into. I really liked Jubilee, but nothing ever became of them other than a few songs :( I did get to see them live in Belfast though, that was good.

Yeah, I see many thinks they're like the killers. But I like the way white lies have gone better then how the killers went.

Some new, some not so new but all great (imo).

Twisted Wheel, Kasabian, The Enemy, The Loyalties, MGMT, The Hold Steady, The Dead Weather, Year Long Disaster, The Gaslight Anthem, Black Stone Cherry, Stone Gods, Florence & The Machine, The Answer, The Black Seeds, The Zico Chain, Drive-By Truckers, Fleet Foxes, Zombie Ghost Train, Gallows, Reverend & The Makers, Howard Eliott Payne, Ray LaMontagne, KT Tunstall, The Sword, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Nightwatchman, Pendulum, Snow Patrol, Pink Martini, Willie Stradlin, The Raconteurs, Towers Of London, Wolfmother.

Thanks for a lot of suggestions! I'll check some of them out right now.

Since we're making suggestions (not "new" bands, but just ones that you probably haven't heard much of before that are worth checking out:-

Jubilee, Local H, Pay*Ola, Beautiful Creatures, Blind Melon, Eels, Loser, Live, Mother Love Bone, The Tides, The Answer.

Edited by Conor

^Thanks :) Spotify is running Jubilee now!

I just checked Jubilee on Spotify and I'm not actually sure it's the same one :D Funnily enough though, I listened to a song or two from the one on Spotify and quite liked it. The Jubilee I'm talking about has an LP called Rebel Hiss, and the band is fronted by Aaron North from NIN.

Some of these are new and some aren't:

Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes, Bloc Party, Radiohead, Faith No More, MGMT, Sigur Ros, and of course Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam!

Hope they help!

I need to see F&TM live, I saw their performance on TV from glastonbury, it was great.

Me too, I want to see them at Shepherds bush in September but I think they are sold out. :(

These are my favourite Florence Vids in case anyone wants an introduction to her music (She sounds amazing live):

Halo cover

Edited by myguiltysecret

I just checked Jubilee on Spotify and I'm not actually sure it's the same one :D Funnily enough though, I listened to a song or two from the one on Spotify and quite liked it. The Jubilee I'm talking about has an LP called Rebel Hiss, and the band is fronted by Aaron North from NIN.

Ah, I love NIN, so I think I'll like the Jubilee you were talking about too then. Just have to find a way listening to them. Maybe youtube've got something! I'll check it out.

And I pretty much agree with you, the Jubilee on Spotify were not that bad. Quite nice music really.

Some of these are new and some aren't:

Florence and the Machine, Bat for Lashes, Bloc Party, Radiohead, Faith No More, MGMT, Sigur Ros, and of course Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam!

Hope they help!

Thanks for reminding me listening more to Alice In Chains again. I've forgotten them for a while.. For some reason I can't stand Radiohead. I know many love them, and many of my friends do.. But I just don't know why, I don't like anything I've heard of them. :P I'll check out some more stuff by the other you were mentioning! :) thanks

Ah, I love NIN, so I think I'll like the Jubilee you were talking about too then. Just have to find a way listening to them. Maybe youtube've got something! I'll check it out.

And I pretty much agree with you, the Jubilee on Spotify were not that bad. Quite nice music really.

Here's their website, you can listen to most of their songs on that :)

http://www.jubilee.la/

Thanks! Can't wait to have a listen!

Enjoy :) Unfortunately, you can't see me in the pictures of the Belfast concert :(

Enjoy :) Unfortunately, you can't see me in the pictures of the Belfast concert :(

That's typical..

And I reallt like them already. Especially In with the out crowd