Between the Buried and Me

chevelle

Any fans? Their new album "The Great Misdirect" comes out October 27th.

LOVE Between The Buried and Me. I would rank "Colors" as one of the best albums of the 00s. Its obviously one of the least commercially viable as well so it will always go overlooked, but you cant top the layered complexity on that record.

Do you know if the new disc leaked?

• 1 month later...

Apparently The Great Misdirect leaked today. I just got done listening to "Fossil Genera - A Feed From Cloud Mountain" and I liked it. "Desert Of Song" is really good, too (not like their previous style). Pretty good album so far. I'll have to decide to get either this or Wolfmother's new one this Tuesday.

EDIT: "Swim To The Moon" is freaking amazing.

Edited by LightningBolt

I just got a leaked copy of "The Great Misdirect" and Im loving it. Its very much like colors although maybe a little more rock oriented. So far I feel like its colors 2.0 but thats only off of one listen.

Either way there arent too many bands doing what this band is doing. Their sound is so brutal sometimes theyll never draw a large audience but their musical talent and ambition is, in my opinion, some of the best in all of music today. Great band.

Wow - wasn't expecting there to be any interest here. I'm dl'ing The Great Misdirect now, but I still plan on buying it.

I honestly used to hate "brutal" music, but they have a way with balancing beauty with brutal. And you never really know what's going to happen in their songs anymore - the last few minutes of Ants of the Sky on Colors, for example. I can't even think of a word to describe that, haha.

Wow - wasn't expecting there to be any interest here. I'm dl'ing The Great Misdirect now, but I still plan on buying it.

I honestly used to hate "brutal" music, but they have a way with balancing beauty with brutal. And you never really know what's going to happen in their songs anymore - the last few minutes of Ants of the Sky on Colors, for example. I can't even think of a word to describe that, haha.

After a few listens I can say with full confidence "The Great Misdirect" is better than Colors. A few indie rock kids in my office who wouldnt touch metal if you paid them are digging too. They still cram about 5 songs into 1 song but I think they do it a lot smoother on this one. And they stay dedicated to styles and let them go rather than mash them together. For example the fourth track "Desert of Song" is just a slow 5 minute rock song and sounds great, then it goes into the last track which is the BTBAM standard epic mishmash of music. I really wish more people would give this band a chance

amazing band, really. The Great Misdirect is really good after a few listens, but it doesn't have shit on Alaska or Colors, those albums will go down as some of the best metal albums in history. Just such a great blend of technical metalcore, jazz, blues, and all kinds of other worldly music. I sometimes get the feeling they just jump into random genres for the sake of... jumping into random genres, kinda like iwrestledabearonce, but they actually play everything they play REALLY well, they're just great musicians. A friend of mine was lucky enough to see em live a year ago, he said it was the best set he'd ever seen.

• 1 month later...